“Tasty, but get normal dinner not buffet” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Wolcott, New York
“Tasty, but get normal dinner not buffet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

Just tried this place out tonight. Unfortunately we were there on buffet night. There isn't a huge selection in the buffet. All the food was pretty tasty though and warm! I would definitely go back and try their normal dinner menu, which from looking online seems pretty extensive.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Webster, New York
“Quick, not great but quick.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Once in a while I go and try it again. When I'm hungry and feel like Indian food and don't feel like driving to Henrietta. I had good Indian food there a while back. But I've been a little disappointed the last three or four times I've gone. The last time, about a week ago, the chana masala was watery. Tandor chicken was tough. The deep fried dumpling with onions had a strange texture like it wasn't cooked in the middle. The chicken makhani, usually one of my favorites was watery also. Sorry, I can't really recommend it. I wish I could.

Visited June 2012
Rochester, New York
“I want to go back...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

First off... I am not a big fan of Indian food... but I came here with my wife and our friends and have to say I was pleasantly suprised. The buffet was great, nice selection, good service, reasonably priced. I've been converted!!!!

Visited September 2011
Rochester, NY
“Not bad, but......”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

you can do a lot better in Rochester.

OK, I went there for lunch three times so the review is based on the buffet rather than a real "dinner". maybe they do a better job at night. One lunch was "OK", two were thumbs down.

Generally I found the sauces very thin and very lightly spiced. The impression is that they, for the chicken dishes, simply cut up chunks of cooked chicken and throw it in the sauce before it hits the steam table. i,e, it has not really stewed in the sauce for any appreciable time. Generally I found the a sauces lacked the richness and the complex flavors that I find elsewhere.

Restaurant is clean and tidy and the people are nice and attentive, if that is any consolation

You can do better. If you make a 15 minutedrive over to the Jefferson Road area in Henrietta & Brighton, were I can think of three significantly superior places. (Haveli, Thali, and my favorite Tandoor).

• Visited February 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Rochester, New York
“oooh, I ate too much”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

Ok, so that would normally be my own doing, but this time I blame Tandoor Flame; the food was surprisingly good. Positive reviews on TripAdvisor led us there, but our first meal will bring us back. My wife had the Seafood Marsala and I had the Meat (lamb) Palak and we each had an order of naan.

First visits are tricky as you don't know the serving sizes or how spicy it will be when you say "medium" or "hot". I was feeling lucky and ordered mine "medium-hot", which worked out fine - probably what you'd expect for "medium" at most places. As for serving size, well, the title says it all.

has been in our neighborhood for 2 years, but