I'm late posting my review - I can pretty much agree with everything Dave from Ottawa says. My husband and I went in September - it was dry and humid, but tolerable (I'm from Austraila so I'm used to humid!). The lodge is eco-friendly and suitable to it's environment and, except for the cold showers at 4am, I have only great things to say about the facilities. The food was nice and filling but they don't cater a great deal for vegetarians. The bar of an evening was a lot of fun, a nice way to get to know your lodge neighbours and the guides. Our guide was Cesar (also from the Infierno community) and he was a superb guide. He was funny, very proud of his heritage and extremely in touch with the jungle. I can't thank him enough for the 4 fantastic days we spent at the lodge, or for the truly amazing photos he took with our camera through his binoculars. We were sad to leave the lodge and to say goodbye to Cesar, but not for too long - we had a 4 day trek to Machu Picchu to look forward to!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Posada Amazonas is a 30 bedroom lodge owned by the Native Community of Infierno and managed with Rainforest Expeditions. Thanks to its accessibility, excellent wildlife observation opportunities, cultural context and comfortable accommodations, Posada Amazonas is ideal for a two night introduction to Tambopata's rain forests. It is located within the territory of the Infierno Community, built within the 2,000 hectare, private, communal reserve, which in turn is directly adjacent to the Tambopata National Reserve. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Venere, Tingo, Expedia, BookingOdigeoWL and Travelocity so you can book your Posada Amazonas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Posada Amazonas Hotel Tambopata National Reserve
- Posada Amazonas Peru/Tambopata National Reserve