We recently spent 4 days in the lodge and we absolutely loved it (apart from the bites, be careful not only in the jungle but also when you use the bathroom or when you're in the shower ).
Our guide Armando was very good and very knowledgeable. We got to see many wildlife during our hike with him. I thought drinks were going to be expensive, considering the lodge bar would be the only option but they were cheap (3.5 soles for soft drinks and 15 soles for cocktails or 660ml beer) . You get free mineral water during your stay which you can refill if you have empty bottles.
Overall it was an amazing experience.
p.s If you're from the UK, contact Infinity Tours. We got a very good deal from them for our Peru Tour.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Posada Amazonas is a 30 bedroom lodge owned by the Native Community of Infierno and managed with Rainforest Expeditions. Thanks to its accessibility, excellent wildlife observation opportunities, cultural context and comfortable accommodations, Posada Amazonas is ideal for a two night introduction to Tambopata's rain forests. It is located within the territory of the Infierno Community, built within the 2,000 hectare, private, communal reserve, which in turn is directly adjacent to the Tambopata National Reserve. Posada Amazonas was selected to be among the Best Eco Hotels in 2014 by Gogobot. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Despegar.com so you can book your Posada Amazonas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Posada Amazonas Hotel Tambopata National Reserve
- Posada Amazonas Peru/Tambopata National Reserve