I am so grateful that we found Posadas Amazonas. For our short 3 days/2 nights in the Amazon, I couldn't have asked for more. Customer service was top notch, food was excellent, and every activity enjoyable (even the dawn and night hikes). I felt like we got pretty lucky, as we got to see many of the cool animals (monkeys, two types of caymans, giant river otters, piranhas, macaws and other cool birds, lizards, agouti, etc.), and we were fortunate to not have had any scary visitors to our room. Just the incredibly relaxing jungle sounds for our naps and nighttime sleep. We definitely took their packing and dressing recommendations seriously, which worked out for us, as we didn't deal with any bug bites. I would also like to note their customer service for our companion. She fell ill her first day (NOT from Posadas Amazonas, but something she contracted in Aguas Calientes or Cusco), and they were quick to get her to a doctor in Puerto Maldonado, had their Customer Service Manager (I believe her name is Hortencia) stay with her the entire time to translate and advocate for her, and would not take any chances, including seeking multiple doctor opinions and not transporting her back to us until they were confident she was healthy enough. She did make a full recovery, and we are all so grateful that she was not in it alone. The staff also made sure to keep our group updated on her multiple times per day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Posada Amazonas is a 30 bedroom lodge owned by the Native Community of Infierno and managed with Rainforest Expeditions. Thanks to its accessibility, excellent wildlife observation opportunities, cultural context and comfortable accommodations, Posada Amazonas is ideal for a two night introduction to Tambopata's rain forests. It is located within the territory of the Infierno Community, built within the 2,000 hectare, private, communal reserve, which in turn is directly adjacent to the Tambopata National Reserve. Posada Amazonas was selected to be among the Best Eco Hotels in 2014 by Gogobot. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Despegar.com so you can book your Posada Amazonas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Posada Amazonas Hotel Tambopata National Reserve
- Posada Amazonas Peru/Tambopata National Reserve