The TRC combines environmental responsibility with comfort and a warm, friendly atmosphere. Apart from a couple of unusual cold nights when the blankets were barely sufficient to keep us warm (but they brought hot water bottles to keep us cosy) the open rooms were a great way to get the most out of your visit to the wilderness. Having no door keys and waking to the foraging birds and monkeys was liberating. The lodge staff are friendly and helpful and the guides sociable and knowledgeable. In my opinion, the TRC was the best place to stay at Tambopata Reserve. I would highly recommend the activities - tree climbing, paddle-boarding, camping; you feel safe and completely cared for throughout and the exhilaration is unbeatable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Tambopata Research Center (TRC) is a spartan yet comfortable 18 bedroom lodge with 8 shared bathrooms. Because of its remote location in uninhabited wilderness, housing stable populations of endangered wildlife, the small scale of its infrastructure and operations and the presence of researchers and naturalist guides, Tambopata Research Center is an excellent headquarters for in depth explorations of Amazonian nature and wildlife. It is located in a half hectare clearing in the middle of the uninhabited portion of the Tambopata National Reserve, less than a kilometer from the world's largest and most diverse macaw claylick. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Tambopata Research Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tambopata Research Hotel Tambopata National Reserve
- Tambopata Research Center Peru/Tambopata National Reserve