Our 3 days at TRC were fantastic: The lodge is beautiful, set right in the middle of the rainforest much further along the river than any of the other eco-tourism destinations, making TRC a really unique experience. As TRC specialises in researching macaws you can expect quite a few avian visitors, especially at meal times, when there are often colourful thieves on the prowl!
All the staff were excellent and the room was lovely.The food provided was also delicious and plentiful.
However, it was our guide Jose- Antonio who made the whole experience truly memorable. He is such a warm, funny and welcoming person we felt immediately as if we were in the company of a friend, not a tour guide. His knowledge of the jungle is encyclopaedic and he must surly possess the sight of and eagle and the hearing of bat as he could spot and identify animals from hundreds of metres away, ensuring we didn't miss a thing! Jose even managed to spot the elusive jaguar hidden in the bushes on a foggy morning - amazing! We were very lucky to have such a brilliant guide.
I would thoroughly recommend TRC to anyone thinking about visiting the Peruvian rainforest.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Tambopata Research Center (TRC) is a spartan yet comfortable 18 bedroom lodge with 8 shared bathrooms. Because of its remote location in uninhabited wilderness, housing stable populations of endangered wildlife, the small scale of its infrastructure and operations and the presence of researchers and naturalist guides, Tambopata Research Center is an excellent headquarters for in depth explorations of Amazonian nature and wildlife. It is located in a half hectare clearing in the middle of the uninhabited portion of the Tambopata National Reserve, less than a kilometer from the world's largest and most diverse macaw claylick. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity and Venere so you can book your Tambopata Research Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tambopata Research Hotel Tambopata National Reserve
- Tambopata Research Center Peru/Tambopata National Reserve