“A fantastic day!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 4 Attractions in Concon
Type: Horseback Riding Stables, Sports
More attraction details
Owner description: Ritoque Expediciones arose from the efforts of Sebastian Lara, horse breeder for all his life, and Maria Elena Rodriguez, dedicated to Pubic Relations, as a way to keep their way of living next to horses and nature and sharing this experience with people.Our objective is to allow Chileans and foreigners to enjoy outstanding nature locations. Our aim in each one of our trips is that our clients get to know as well as possible the flora, fauna and culture of the places that we visit. Our clients will, comfortably and safely, make a special connection with the people and nature of the area.We are part of the Guía de Turismo Rural (Countryside Tourism Guide) of the V region of Chile, supported by Sernatur (Nacional Tourism Service) since 2005; and we received the prize “Premio Sernatur a la Gestión Emprendimiento Turístico 2006”.We are located 3 kilometers north from Concón, on the highway to Quintero. Only 30 kilometres north from Valparaíso, and only two hours from SantiagoRitoque Expediciones nace hace 8 años de la inquietud de Sebastián Lara y María Elena Rodríguez, por mantener un estilo de vida cercano a la naturaleza y los animales. Y compartirla con quienes estuvieran interesados en vivir una experiencia cercana a la vida de naturaleza. Nuestra misión es que chilenos y extranjeros puedan disfrutar de lugares de naturaleza exuberantes en belleza y quietud. Compartimos nuestra forma de cocina, que se caracteriza por comida chilena, generalmente asados siempre alrededor de una gran fogata! Trabajamos con grupos de diverso tamaño, montados sobre un caballo, según se requiera. Organizamos eventos al aire libre, ofreciendo servicio de comidas que montamos en el lugar de la actividad, ya sea en medio de las dunas o a orillas del Estero Mantagua, etc..Generalmente contamos con guías bilingües inglés – español que acompañan a nuestros clientes durante el recorrido. Formamos parte de la Guía de Turismo Rural de la V Región, apoyados por Sernatur desde el 2005 hasta la fecha y recibimos el Premio Sernatur a la Gestión y Emprendimiento Turístico 2006.
7 attraction reviews
“A fantastic day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

We took the bus from Valparaiso and were picked up by Sebatian who drove us to the farm. We enjoyed meeting all of the farm animals and then set out on our ride. My husband had no previous riding experience and had no problem at all. They have excellent horses that are daily ridden and obey halter commands. The ride goes up and over dunes, railroad tracks, the beach, ponds and the horses never balked. You can ride at whatever pace you're most comfortable with. When we came back from the ride, we were greeted with the aroma of sizzling meat and enjoyed a delicious barbecue and wine outdoors with the dogs and puppies and cats roaming about. It was a fun day and we enjoyed spending time with Sebastian, Maria, their children and friends who came along on the ride. It was easily the highlight of our trip! Great people, beautiful horses and the scenic countryside just a short easy bus ride from Valparaiso.

Visited August 2013
Ritoque E, Propietario at Ritoque Expeditions, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Sharmaine, thank you so much for your words, we really appreciate when we receive this comments! It makes us proud to know that people had a good experience in Chile on our horses!

María Elena Rodríguez J.
Gerente Comercial Ritoque Expediciones
+569 97305212 (Whats App number)
www.ritoqueexpediciones.cl

Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
11 attraction reviews
“Much fun , do it!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

My daughters wanted to go horse back riding when we were in Vina Del Mar Chile last month, and they were really pleasantly surprised. A 3 hour ride with Cristina and a cowboy that i unfortunately can,t remember his name was the most fun they had on this trip. Galloping on the beach by the ocean,over sand dunes, stopped by and had pineapples, Sebastian;s dogs join on the ride, it is so funny.
Cristina was really great, and Sebastian, what can i say, he welcomed us in his house which he built himself , prepared coffee and showed us around his little far, dogs, pigs and a lot more.
Great people, every thing about the experience was wonderful, my daughters want to go back to Chile just for another ride, maybe arrange for a horse back riding camp this time. Thank you Sebastian and Cristina !!

Visited April 2013
Charleston, South Carolina
3 attraction reviews
“Do it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

This was one of the best experiences I've had while travelling. The asado is delicious, the people are awesome and the trek is SO MUCH FUN. It's not just a follow-the-leader horse ride, you actually get to ride the way you want to. Plenty of galloping along the beach if you feel like it, or moseying through forests. We stopped briefly to pick a handful of delicious wild blackberries. This trip is like a dream - don't miss out!

Visited March 2013
Post Falls, Idaho, United States
“Ritoque Expediciones Spring Break!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Holy crap! This was probably the funnest day i have ever had in south america out of my entire 9 months studying here. Did the full day trek with 3 of my friends and we had absolutely the best time ever hands down. So much hard core rising not just the "follow in a line walking" type of horse trek. Went over sand dunes, through a couple of feet of water, and ran around in the ocean with our horses. We could go as fast or as slow as we wanted to almost the entire time. the horses are so well trained that little to no prior riding is needed. But it isnt for the faint of heart. One of my friends was very scared of horses, she that it would just be walking and pretty easy so she had a hard time at first but still liked it over all. The Asado (BBQ) lunch was amazing in the snad dunes, the first was so fresh and the meat was perfectly cooked. They even have a vegetarian option with vegie tacos and potatoe salad and rice. We even had freshly picked corn and black berried from the ride to the dunes. The people are friendly and helpful, and amazingly fast at emailing you back, usually within the same day, or hour like they did with me. My favorite part was that the guide actually raced us down the beach at a full spring! YOU HAVE TO DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!

Visited March 2013
Ritoque E, Propietario at Ritoque Expeditions, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you so so so much for all your words, it is so wonderfull when people takes their own time to feed us back ! It so helpfull to us to know we are doing things right and we hope to continue making riders happy for one dune day!!!

Thank you again!
Llandudno, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
“Absolutely wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We have just returned to Santiago following a completely magical 3-hour ride with Ritoque Expeditions. Everything about the experience was wonderful; from the swift response to my email enquiry via their website, to numerous additional emails patiently giving me answers to all my queries; from being collected from the bus stop bang on time (unheard of in South America!), to the warm reception from a multitude of farm animals on arrival; from the beautiful and expertly trained horses to the breathtaking scenery.

Not only did I get to fulfil a lifetime's dream by galloping along a wide, sandy, deserted beach :-), but my partner, who has only ever ridden twice in his life, felt brave enough to do the same! This was much to do with the confidence he had in his horse who had been selected especially for a novice and to Sebastian's encouragement and guidance.

This was one of only a very small handful of times that, on a guided ride like this, I have actually felt that I am riding the horse, rather than just sitting on top of a horse who has no interest in doing anything other than following a set trail and the bum of the horse infront! This couldn't have been more different. We waded through lakes, scaled majestic sand dunes and splashed though waves on the beach, stopping for a short water and melon break along the way.

I cannot over-emphasise how fantastic everything on our Ritoque Expedition was. I actually don't think they charge nearly enough for what they offer (I paid more for a 2-hour ride in Bariloche which wasn't even half as good); this has got to be the best value riding experience I have ever had. I whole-heartedly and unreservedly recommend them. Whether you are a complete beginner, like my partner, or someone who has ridden quite a lot before, like me, they will cater to your needs.

So, those are all the positives, now for the only negative........I'm saddle sore!!! :-)

Thank you so much Sebastian and Marie Elena for a day we will remember for a very long time.

(For anyone staying in Santiago, it's really easy to get the bus out to Concon - takes about 2 hours and costs about £5.50, so don't let that put you off).

Visited January 2013