“Without a doubt...The Best at the Beach!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Notably the last restaurant on Coastal Highway in Fenwick Island, Delaware before entering Ocean City, Maryland, Delaware may have saved the best for last. The award winning Fenwick Crabhouse has been an icon in the resort for almost 50 years. Though being named a “favorite seafood dive in the US” for an unprecedented fourth straight year by Coastal Living Magazine, the Fenwick Crabhouse is hardly a dive. While the atmosphere is casual, they have an appealing menu of carefully prepared meals catering to a variety of tastes. You will find great wines, craft beers, their hallmark “The Perfect Crabcake” (NY Times), Delaware Magazine’s 2011 “Best Ribs,” and of course, those wonderful steamed crabs. Their mission is to provide a unique blend of creatively prepared dishes using fresh, locally grown foods and awardwinning beverages to the table.
Poconos, PA
“Without a doubt...The Best at the Beach!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2009

Fenwick Crab House sits at the most southern point of Delaware's eastern shore. It's an easy run up from OC and down from Rehoboth/Lewes areas. Look for The Crab House on the right in a small shopping strip just before you cross RT 54 going into Maryland. We noticed it as we went to play mini golf next door.

I found the atmosphere geared toward family dining. The decor is filled with endless art and giget-gadgets...you can play "I Spy" with the kids for hours! The service was prompt and customer oriented.

The menu is much better than any family dining chain! My son's crab cakes were the best. Yes, we all had a bite, and there was enough to share. We also discovered that the menu selections go beyond excellent seafood items. My husband wants to return next year for more ribs....fall off the bone.....cooked to perfection.....yummy sauce!!

I had a huge shrimp salad that I wish I could imitate at home. It was wonderful!

Try to save room for dessert. The apple pie appeared to be homemade. Creme Brulee.....ummmmmm!

Someone knows the art of fine dining at The Fenwick Crab House....for the entire family!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Martinsburg, West Virginia
“Pricey, but worth it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2008

This restaurant seems a little out of place in a small shopping plaza, as it is very unique and has a charming atmosphere (toy train travels through the rafters). We arrived around 8:00 on a Friday night and were seated immediately. The service was excellent, the waitress suggested their crab cakes or anything that is "stuffed" and she did a nice job of clearing the table after each course and providing refills on our drinks. We ordered the crab dip which is served in a bread bowl (delicious) and were served salad with house dressing (excellent) family style. The crab cakes are to die for, melting in your mouth, and the crab imperial really impressed our 12 yr. old. French bread was served with all dinners, as was roasted potatoes and vegetables which were prepared just right. Our 6 yr. old had a cheesedog served on french bread. All of our dinners, except the cheesedog, were $22.00- $26.00. The price for all was a little more than the seafood buffets(we were just as stuffed), but the service, atmospere, and food was much better! We will return each time we are in the area!!!

Atlanta Metro
“Never Again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2008

My family and I stopped at the Fenwick Crab House while driving through the area. My husband had suggested that we try another establishment when we arrived due to the fact that it was lunch time and there was only one other couple in the restaurant. The kids and I were tired so we decided to try it out. The first problem came when the waitress couldn't speak English very well. My husband asked if they had Dr. Pepper for the kids and Diet Coke for himself. She wasn't sure but agreed to find out. She returned with Pepsi for the kids and Diet Pepsi for my husband. My husband refuses to drink Pepsi. The soft drinks were 2.75 each but pretty much went to waste. My crab bisque arrived cold and had virtually no taste. It was almost like eating cold and watered corn starch. Blech! My daughter's crab cakes were o.k. but not the best she has had. They should have been for $13.00 on the children's menu! As we were eating my son's arm hit his Pepsi which ended up on the floor. The waitress watched this take place as she stood at the back of the restaurant chatting with another waitress. She made a face but she never came over to clean the mess or ask if he would like another drink. In fact she never came over at all through the entire meal. To make a sad situation worse, my children and I were violently ill that night. I won't go in to details but to say that the three of us were standing in line at our hotel bathroom all night.

Glen Burnie
“Great Seafood! Get what you pay for!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2007

We vacation in OC every year and this is one place we always eat at. The wide variety of Seafood choices and all you can eat crabs can be a little more money but worth it. I have eaten at all the most popular seafood joints in OC and this is the best. Just over the MD/DE line it is worth the drive. The service is always great, House dressing available for the salad (recommend), Childrens menu, Horseradish cheese dip served with crackers is a must try. average price is $22 for adult seafood and $10 for kids.