“My Favorite Pizza Place in OCMD” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen, Pizza, Sandwiches
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Description: Serving pizza, subs, steaks and munchies to locals and visitors for 33 years!
Chester, Virginia
“My Favorite Pizza Place in OCMD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

This is the best place to grab a slice in OC MD. I know, I know- technically it is in Delaware, but it's right on coastal highway a few blocks up from where the OC buses stop. No need for an elaborate review. I have had both carry out and dine in- pizza is good either way, but much better hot. It is a mom and pop pizza shop and not many frills. The Pizza is hand tossed (thin) crust and just the right amount of cheese/grease ratio. I always get plain or pepperoni, but I hear their wings and subs are good as well. I have had Dough Roller, Grotto's, Pino's, Ponzetti's, etc. Ocean side is still my favorite.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Boone, North Carolina, United States
“Mouth is watering now just thinking about it......”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

The idea that Pizza is just Pizza....dough, water, tomato sauce and cheese all splattered on a nice pan and cooked in an oven is way off - eating here will prove that - and I've eaten here for 20 years or more. I've even gone a hundred miles out of the way to visit here on a trip along the eastern seaboard - the DelMarva beaches worth the visit along with Oceanside.

Years ago, the pizza was a special blend of cheeses, all cooked up perfectly with good variety in sizes so if you wanted to splurge alone - you could - sharing is hard once you get a bite of this amazing mix of cheeses ( secret recipe I understand) along with a not-too-acidic tomato sauce, and the crust just right. Not too think, not too thin. During a bout of Atkins diet months, I had the pizza without the crust - and they made it for me without any problem, no judgement and no worries...it was a lifesaver during months at the beach with bread at every turn. Thanks to you all who were there during those times (Rob comes to mind...) you made my day each time I walked in.

Back to the food, it's not all about the pizza, although that's worth the trip completely. Their subs are large and well stuffed, no skimping here, and the cheese steaks were amazing - better then the philly steaks I grew up with (don't tell anyone this) and the bread they use is terrific and fresh. Never had a bad cheesesteak or sub there.

Parking is tight in the summer - but that speaks volumes for those who are lining up to get the good stuff, the locals eat there....that's all you need to know. There are dozens of pizza places along the highway heading from DE down to MD, don't bother - eat here.

Taking out a pizza and walking the quick and short block up to the beach was always a favorite for us, moonlit nights and pizza parties from Oceanside a part of spending time at the beach. I was sad to hear that the original owner passed away several years ago, he was always friendly and made the place very special, I'm so happy that his legacy lives on with his wife running the place.

One more thing - they expanded and added a nice little bar, perfect for a beer and a slice or two at lunch or sub, and when you're done....stop in the surt shop next door - these places are serious landmark locations for thousands who visited here over the years, I couldn't imagine Fenwick without!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Delaware
“Good Pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Pizza is good and priced reasonably. Sub are average and nothing to write home about. This is a locals favorite as well. Very busy in summer so call ahead unless you have time to wait. Closed until Feb around Valentine's Day

Visited December 2012
Baltimore, Maryland
“disappointed !”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We went on a Sunday evening, at dinnertime, looking forward to Delaware's Best Cheesesteak subs. If this is the best, i hope we never have the worst .The cashier was behind the register , but was having a conversation with someone else who apparently worked there, when we arrived, and they finished that conversation before taking our order .( Taking our order took much less time than finishing their conversation.) The sub roll was too bready and cold, the onion was not carmelized, but it was strong flavored and stringy, the tomato was plentiful but tasteless and was forgotten on one of our subs, the meat was like steak-ums. We both got large subs but would have gone somewhere else ; we relied on their trip advisor rating, which really let us down this time. The french fries were ok.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Bear, Delaware
“Best pizza in Delaware”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Always superb pizza and awesome food. My wife says they have the best cheeseburger subs, and the cheesesteaks are great. Make sure you phone in your order, as it can be over an hour to get a pizza during peak time in the summer (hey, it's the beach, relax!)

• Visited August 2012