“Should Be Rated Higher” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Should Be Rated Higher”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

I was surprised to see that Chef's Table wasn't rated higher. It is one of the best restaurants in Aruba. Everyone who we've sent there just loves it. They offer a variety of petite desserts that give you a chance to try more than one. Their entrees and appetizers are original and service and setting,if you chose to eat in the courtyard, is unique.

• Visited January 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

New York City, New York
“Very good food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

This restaurant is # 11 on my list in Aruba and it is a good place if you want good, not great, food...good drinks, good service and a respectable atmosphere. They also have a different approach to desert. They serve small shot glass size deserts at about $2.00 each. Very tasty. Overall I like this place but unfortunately this year we didn't have enough time in our 3 weeks to visit but next year we will definately take advantage of their good food.

• Visited April 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dix Hills, New York
“Generous portions of great food and service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

Knowing that Aruba would be very busy during President's Week, I made all my dinner reservations weeks in advance. I called the restaurant to tell I'd be :30 min. late and they were appreciative of the notice and maybe relieved as they were so busy. Our party of 3 were greeted warmly and seated promptly. Our waiter from Amsterdam was very friendly and I was very interested to get an update on the country throughout the course of the evening. The menu was varied. Shrimp tempura, salad and soup were ordered and everyone was very pleased. Main entrees ordered were Chicken, mixed grill and grouper with 2 nuts....coconut and macadamia....mmmmm....The plates were large and sides not ala carte. Mashed potates and mixed grilled fresh veg's accompanied my fish. No one could finish the meal...plenty of food! We dined late and closed the place down and were not rushed. The only other table that was occupied had a large group, funny thing, we knew them! We chatted and my children's pediatrician said that it was the best fish they had in Aruba....I agreed. We all left Chef's Table with bursting bellies and smiles!

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
great neck
“insulting and terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

First I will start with I have never complained about a restaurant in my life.We were a table of 12 and it took 30 minutes to get bread and over an hour to get an appetizer. We were sitting outside with fans but we could have passed out. We found out that they had a table for 20 in other room , so obviously they weren't perpared for the amount of people( which is not our fault). So we finally get the appetizers and 4 of us ordered buffalo mozzarella and tomato and they serve us provolone cheese instead. I say to the waitress this is not what we ordered and she says I know the chef told me to give it to you anyway.Normally if they dont have what you order they will tell you and ask if you want something else. This was more than insulting!! They took it off the bill , but dont forget it took an hour to get that provolone cheese. took two hours to get out of there. It is one this to be slow but to knowingly serve you the wrong food, AWFUL!!!!! Dont go enjoy your vacation!!

• Visited February 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“A must do”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

Comfort food at it's best! Don't leave without trying shrimp tempura

Visited February 2012