“Like having dinner in mama's backyard” 5 of 5 stars
Review of "Anna-Maria's Autentico Ristorante Italiano".

"Anna-Maria's Autentico Ristorante Italiano".
Kamay 25-M, Noord, Aruba
297 586.2833
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 31 Restaurants in Noord
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Hopewell Junction, New York
“Like having dinner in mama's backyard”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

After reading all the positive reviews we looked forward to experiencing dinner at Anna-Maria's. Thanks for everyone who warned us to know where we were going because there are no signs anywhere about a restaurant. Once we arrived and were greeted at the front gate, we knew we were in for a treat. We were escorted to the backyard and enjoyed a great home cooked meal. Everything was flavored wonderfully and fresh and tasty. To top it off, the Sangria was delicious. Can't wait to go back for more.

Visited April 2014

Charlotte, NC
“Intimate and unique dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

We ate at Anna Maria's on our last night in Aruba (a Tuesday) and I am so glad we saved it for last. The restaurant is located in the owners' home and couldn't be more charming. After being buzzed into a gated courtyard, you wind around the front of the home to an outdoor, covered patio that looks like an italian bistro with all of about 10 tables set up just outside the kitchen. The waiters are friendly, attentive and tag team seamlessly. I ordered the special eggplant lasagna and my husband had the lamb chops with asperagus and potatoes. Both were incredibly delicious. For dessert, we had a "snickers" concoction served with ice cream that was amazing. All the food is cooked to order, so enjoy some wine, nibble on some bread and make sure to dip it in the excellently seasoned olive oil. But don't miss this stop. It is very different than any other restaurant you will find in Aruba.

Point Pleasant, New Jersey
“Aruba's Best Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We heard about Anna-Maria's from friends and made a reservation the day we arrived. Dining in the courtyard of a private home with family prepared outstanding cuisine. I forgot my glasses so I asked the waiter to order for me. We met the owners a lovely couple, one from Aruba and one from ITaly. We loved it so much we went a second time during our stay and we were at an all inclusive resort!

Mesa, Arizona
“Huge Disapointment!!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Wow, did this place disappoint! It's hard to find and requires a $10 taxi ride each way from the Radisson. It was not very special or romantic. It's on a back covered non-descript porch. My wife being 100% Italian, we have had great Italian food. This was NOT among the top 500 Italian restaurants. Brushetta was bland and tasless on a flatbread. Wine was way over-priced for the quality, the cheese ravioli and lasagna were good, but seriously overpriced. Service was spotty and slow.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Saponara, Owner at "Anna-Maria's Autentico Ristorante Italiano"., responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear Ron,

Thank you for posting your concerns, we appreciate both: Good & Constructive comments, however unfortunately yours is not helping us in anything at all as from beginning to end all you’re complaining about is affordability.

For example I would love to drive a Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 but right now all I can afford are BMW’s (have 2), so imagine taking a presentation at a Lamborghini dealer abroad and after posting a review complaining about my cab ride from my Hotel to the dealer back & forth and commenting the vehicle being nice but overprized, who’s problem is this, the Lamborghini dealership or my wallet?!

Too bad you enjoyed our homemade Ravioli’s and Lasagna as I’m sure we’re not seeing you again as everything at my establishment is too much for you.

Good luck in the future!

Chris Saponara.
Piscataway, New Jersey
“Amazing restuarant in Aruba”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

My friend recommended Anna Maria's . We went last night with 10 friends. The place was amazing. Just like eating in Italy. The restaurant is in the back of the house and it was set up beautifully. Food was so good. Everyone was so happy that I recommended this place. When our dinners came out so did Chris the owner to make sure everything was okay. He let us into the kitchen to meet his wife. They were the nicest people. We will definetly be back on our next trip to Aruba. Chris and Maria, thank you both for making our dinner a memorable experience. Also thank you to Carlos and Jean Pierre, you guys were fun, polite and great servers :)