“quaint budget motel” 3 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Motel   |   Noord 31, Noord, Aruba   |
Ranked #2 of 3 hotels in Noord
“quaint budget motel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2005

The Coconut Inn is a wonderful place to park your bags and body. Adventurers will find it very convenient and hospitable. This is not a resort and one should not expect amenities (like hot water). But the staff was very friendly and helpful. Rent a car or scooter. Explore.

• Stayed April 2005

48 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2005

Hello my name is Quini, I am from China, I stayed in the coconutinn for 5 nights, and i loved it! The price was good en the rooms are reasonable. Well it is a 12 minute walk to the beach, which is nearby (my opinion) and also nearby downtown. (12 minutes by bus)

The service was good, the people were nice. What I also liked was the security at night, so that was just an extra for me!

My stay was from March 31 to 5 April. Aruba one happy island is what they say, and its true!

• Stayed April 2005
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2005

I stayed at the Coconut Inn for 4 weeks, and I loved it! Everybody knows that you cannot expect a expencive large hotel, but a small, nice friendly hotel.

The rooms are perfect, I only slept and sometimes had som diner in the room furthermore I was on the beach! They have towel service, and a normal breakfast service. But what I loved was the internet service, the free acces computer in the front desk.

Further more, I would like to recommend this hotel for everyone who wants to go to Aruba and do not want to spend a lot of money.

• Stayed March 2005
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2005

We stayed at the Coconut Inn over the holiday break, because we booked late and nothing else was available.

Quick thoughts:

- Centrally located meant that it was conveniently located far from everything; it was about a 1/2 hour walk to the hotel strip and you had to take a bus or taxi to downtown Oranjestad. Much better to stay on the hotel strip - Millenium apartments are same price, better location.

- Management staff was not helpful and friendly. One evening, after a tour ran late we were running late for a dinner reservation. I called the front desk and asked them to call me a taxi, they told me to "do it myself."

- Rooms were basic, without any real amenities. Even though they were cleaning when we arrived, I found the rooms to be both a bit shabby and dirty.

- "Free breakfast" was a little scary - food, including meats, were undercooked and stray cats were wandering around the dining area.

Aruba was a WONDERFUL island, I had an amazing time. I would, however, recommend staying at any other accomodation on the island but Coconut Inn. It's not worth having to remember this place as part of an otherwise spectactular vacation.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2003

I found the Coconut Inn like a compound nested in the heart of a community named Noord, Aruba. Accommodations were comfortable, clean and pleasant. The atmosphere was a pure tropical delight. The staff was very eager to assist with your requests. A rental car a necessity for the Inn is centrally located on the Island. This gives you the freedom to roam the Island to discover its natural beauty. I look forward to a return visit in the future.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2001

We visited Aruba in November last year and stayed for 4 days in the Coconut Inn. To say we were disappointed would be an understatement. The pictures and the reviews promised a paradise budget motel. The "superior" studio was cramped with one double bed in it and the shower when we got it to stay up on the wall, didn't even have any warm water. The Full Breakfast consisted of a glass of orange juice and some cheese on bread and that was only possible when they opened up the restaurant which wasn't every day. As for the bar, there wasn't one! They had a bar in the same room as the breakfast buffet, but it was never open. The customer service was non-existent and I was glad to leave the place. Aruba as a country was wonderful, with excellent beaches but unfortunately we picked the wrong place to stay. We did end up moving hotels and once we did, we had a wonderful holiday.

Been to Coconut Inn? Share your experiences!