“Peter & Lynne UK” 5 of 5 stars
Review of My Aruban Home

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Noord
My Aruban Home
You added My Aruban Home to your Saves list
Bakval 15A, Noord, Aruba   |
Ranked #1 of 21 Specialty Lodging in Noord
Durham, United Kingdom
“Peter & Lynne UK”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

We visited Aruba to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary and thanks to Robby and Judith had a perfect holiday. We really appreciated the use of the bikes to get around the island, the beaches are so beautiful. Robby was always there if we needed anything, providing local knowledge and even coming to our rescue when we got a puncture. Judith made our anniversary really special with such attention to detail (cake was delicious), she not only made our dinner reservation but chauffeured us there too. We feel we got a true aruban experience and will really miss our aruban home and Chica`s lovely smile. We would recommend if you are looking to visit Aruba then MYARUBANHOME is the place to stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Robert takes great care of you from the start, providing transportation to and from the airport. The room was perfect and extremely clean. Air conditioning was great after a hot day on the beach. He even has a car ready in case you need a quick rental.

Room Tip: If you don't mind a 5-10 minute walk to the beach its a perfect place to stay. Next time I will...
Longmont, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

The difference between an ordinary vacation and one that is memorable has everything to do with the people you meet. We came to Aruba expecting nothing more than beach time. But we left feeling we were leaving close friends. All because of two very caring people the moment we walked out the airport. Robby picked us up as he said he would right on time with a smile and eagerness to make us feel excited about being in Aruba. He asked if we needed anything before going to our "home". We took the opportunity to stop at a supermarket. It was a Sunday and he told us that most people are off and at the beaches and also the supermarkets. It was packed so it took us a while to get some Aruban supplies. But he waited patiently outside for us with ac on. He knew we had a short stay and wanted us to get the most out of the visit so he took us through the neighborhood to get our bearings and showed us some of the beaches in the area so we could decide which ones we wanted to go to later through our stay. At the "home" (cant say its a hotel, rental sounds to insignificant, you really do feel at home) he walked us into our own private room complete with living area, fully stocked kitchen, cozy bedroom, and bathroom. Open the fridge and what did we see? A variety of drinks and even local beer. No signs showing price....it was all free. Before he left he insisted that if we needed him for anything to just give him a call and that included if we we somewhere and could not or did not want to walk back. An he meant it! We haven't even paid for our room yet and he never once mentioned payment. Our last night he called us to see how we were doing and I asked him about checkout time. I asked him if he could drop us off at a beach and we would walk back and checkout around noon. Even though we were checking out and going to a different hotel (we had originally split the trip into different locations and two different accommodations) he said we should stay and checkout when we were ready to go to the last hotel. We have been treated so far like best friends and now I truly believe his top priority is his guests and not making money. His wonderful wife Judith took us to beach and pointed out what each area was best for. When we checked out at 3:00 pm Robby asked how how trip was and we felt the best part was the warmth we received from staying with them. He then drove us to our hotel. But before leaving us Robby asked if we needed a ride to the airport the next morning! I did not want to burden him with the task after all that he had done. We were prepared to get public transportation. What difference it was to walk into the hotel lobby. After settling into out hotel I thought it over and wanted to end our trip with saying goodbye to our new friend so I emailed him and asked him if it was no trouble we would take the offer. The next morning Robby shows up in front of the lobby and takes us to the airport. He hugs us goodbye and it really felt like we were leaving home. Thank you Robby and Judith for making a trip a memorable experience. If you travel to learn and grow, you would avoid the all-inclusive hotels. If you travel to expand your comfort zone and indulge in culture you would find a local place to stay. If you want to make friends for a lifetime and have a place in Aruba to call home, you should stay at "My Aruban Home".

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

My wife and I visited Aruba at the end of August for our honeymoon and stayed at My Aruban Home due to the excellent reviews on Trip Advisor and because a co-worker of my wife's stay here also. We are fortunate and happy that we stayed with Robby and Judith! Robby and Judith were the best host and hostess we have ever stayed with and we will be back to see them soon. First, Robby came to the airport and picked us up then took us to the local grocery store, he the preceded to take us "home"! The grounds and apartment were great...we were just a 10 minute walk to the beach!!! My Aruban Home offered us bikes, snorkeling gear, towels, and grill to cookout! We loved every minute of our stay in Aruba....Robby and Judith are priceless!!! Dan & Natasha

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

My husband and I visited Aruba for our August honeymoon and stayed at My Aruban Home due to the excellent Trip Advisor reviews and we are very glad we did! Robby and Judith were so accommodating and helped make our honeymoon memorable. From the moment he picked us up at the airport, Robby was at our service, making us feel like Aruba was home. The unit we stayed in was super cute, clean and comfortable and Robby and Judith were sweet enough to leave us a couple of honeymoon surprises! With bicycles, snorkel gear, towels, and a car to rent right on site, My Aruban home made our trip carefree. It is close enough to the large hotels to enjoy the nightlife and food that downtown has to offer, but also allows you to escape at the end of the night to a place that feels just like home. When we have the pleasure of returning to Aruba someday, we are definitely going to be staying at My Aruban Home!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

What a great place to stay! From the moment Robby picked my wife and I up at the airport he made us feel like family. From showing us around the island, to stopping at the grocery store on the way to his home it felt like he was close friend. The apartment & grounds were beautiful...just a short walk to the beach. And if you like to walk or bike - Robby had bikes available to use - this is the perfect place. Nancy and I walked and rode bikes, we explored half the island in the 4 days there...We're coming back next year to explore the other half, guest where were staying??? Robert & Judith were very helpful in recommending places to visit & eat...I can't remember the Italian resturant by the lighthouse but put it on your list if places to eat! Robert gave us a ride to that restaurant - we could have used their car..,Oh you also can make arrangements to use there car for a nominal fee and top off the gas!
All I can say if you want to have a great stay visit "My Aruba Homes", Robert & Judith will made you feel at home and like family!

See you next year!!!! :-)

Bob & Nancy

• Stayed April 2013
Franklin, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We went during May, and from day one Robert and Judith made us welcome to Aruba.
The experience/stay hit all the points a traveler is looking for:

*Judith picked us up at the airport-- We didn't have to worry about transportation! She even let us stop by the local market
*The room was CLEAN, NEAT and very comfortable. It was a lot of space for the price. They even personalized our stay with a little carnation and a note!
*This is the perfect place for something simple and clean (nothing fancy)- with bicycles that we could borrow and a laundry facility.
*PERFECT location-right next to a few beaches.
*Hosts offered help when we wanted to know what thing we could do.

Overall, we would recommend this place to our friends in a heart beat, without a moment's pause. The place is a great value and the setting for a fabulous experience!!!

Thanks Rob and Judith

Stephanie and Dmitri***

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to My Aruban Home? Share your experiences!