“An awesome stay as expected” 5 of 5 stars
Review of My Aruban Home

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Noord
My Aruban Home
Save Saved
You added My Aruban Home to your Saves list
Bakval 15A, Noord, Aruba   |
Offers & Announcements
$100 (USD)
Ranked #1 of 4 Noord B&B and Inns
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
“An awesome stay as expected”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

Spent a week at My Aruban Home with my girlfriend and we had an awesome time. We took full advantage of all of the little things that are offered there such as cooking on the beautiful outdoor area and the snorkel gear. As advertised, Robert takes great care of you if you need anything. Great location, a car is not necessary but in my opinion you will have a much better trip with one as there is so much to see, eat and do on the island. My only other tip is wear bug spray when you go out at night outdoors for the Mosquitos. I would definitely return to aruba and stay at my aruban home, thanks Robert.

• Stayed April 2013

73 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

My partner and I never took a sun vacation for the 4 years we've been together. He's a bit of a clean freak and I'm paranoid about security. So it took a lot of faith for us to rent Robert's home studio and not an all inclusive across the street. We are so glad we did! Everything from matching the aroma of hand soap to air freshener to securing our pick up/drop off from the airport, My Aruban Home had all the details considered. We felt safe, were in walking distance to the beach, walking distance to local transit (which was so convenient to go downtown) and no resort could have matched the feeling of comfort Robert provided. We bumped into friends who stayed at a 5 star all inclusive (where we initially considered going) and told us they had to eat out everyday ... meanwhile, we ate out some nights and made our own food in our kitchenette. We know where we will be staying during our next trip to Aruba. Thanks again Robert!

Room Tip: Home studio is perfect for a single or couple trip.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Broadview Heights, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Our apologies to Robert for taking so long to write this review. My husband and I spent the first week of Jan 2013, including New Year's Eve , at My Aruban Home. It was a glorious vacation. We are well traveled (112 countries under our belts) in our early 60's from Cleveland. This was our fourth trip to Aruba over the last 36 years. Our past trips found us staying at different large hotels on the beach. This trip we were looking for rest and relaxation.

We found everything we wanted at My Aruban Home. Robert, the owner, met us at the airport just as he promised. He took us on a short island orientation drive and then a stop at the grocery store to pick up what we needed to get our vacation started. Our guest house was one of four units for rent. We were in Unit 2. All 4 units surround a perfectly manicured courtyard share by the owners home. There as a patio table and chair in the courtyard. There was also a shared laundry room off the courtyard with two washers and one dryer which were free to use.

Our unit consisted of a small living room with comfy love seat and one large easy chair. There was also a TV with cable and DVD player. The kitchen was small but totally equipped with fridge, stove, oven, microwave, blender, coffee maker, crock pot and every dish and cooking utensil that you could ever need. There was a bar with two stools for dining. Bedroom was quite large with king bed, large dresser, closet and room safe. The bath was large with a walk in shower. All linens and towels including beach towels were included and changed as needed. The home is a 5-10 minute walk to the the beach. There were two bikes to use if wanted. We rented a car for the week and used it daily. Aruba's beaches are beautiful. That is how we spent our days. Then out to dinner each night.

Robert gave us many good suggestions on restaurants to try. He was always available to make sure we were enjoying our stay. There is a very nice housekeeper available daily for linens and towels and any light straightening. A full unit cleaning is provided once a week.

We look forward to our next trip to Aruba and will definitely stay at MyAruban Home.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Ellon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We really could not have asked for anything more. We booked My Aruban Home on the strength of the reviews in Tripadvisor and we were glad we did. As previous correspondents have stated Robert and Judith are fantastic hosts and can't do enough for you. Robert picked us up at the airport and took us to a supermarket so we could stock up. He had also left wine, soft drinks and beer in the fridge for us which was most appreciated.The location is only about ten minutes walk from the beach and an easy bus ride or 25 minute walk from all the restaurants and entertainment. We had a bit of a mishap with Robert's jeep (which he hires at a very reasonable rate) and we put a new tyre on it. Robert was quite horrified that I should have bought a new tyre and would not take anything for the hire which shows the type of person he is. He and Judith are fiercely proud of their island and it shows in everything they do to try and make your stay as enjoyable as possible. Nothing is too much trouble for them.
If it wasn't for the distance involved I would be more than happy to My Aruban Home my home from home.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Aruban Home made our trip to Aruba possible. My bf & I didn't want to stay in a big and crowded and expensive hotel/resort. We found My Aruban Home fits our needs: good value, excellent service and a few blocks from Palm Beach. There are many other good reasons to stay in Aruban Home:
Good booking and communication with Robert.
No deposit required (unlike other rental places)
Free pick up & drop off at the airport (including a big hug on yr departure). Robert also gives you a tour on the way Home from the airport. He also offered to take us grocery shopping.
There are 2 cold beers, 2 bottles of water, 4 soft drinks and 1 bottle of wine waiting for you on yr arrival. Robert has a list of things to do, to try and to eat and loads of info for the Island.
Each room has an AC unit. So you can cool off after a hot day on the beach and at night. You also get warm water to shower rather than just cold water (remember to bring yr own shampoo). If you want to snorkel, Robert has the snorkeler for free. If you want to bike, Robert has bikes for free. If you want to drive around, Robert has the lowest price rental car. The money we saved: we went Happy Hour bar hopping everyday, we tried many restaurants, and we had ocean view breakfast every morning on the beach front restaurants. We tried every swimming pool from all the hotels/resorts (for free).
The room is small. But it didn't bother us because we were out everyday. There is a little yard outside yr room you can relax. It is very quiet at night. So you can get a good night sleep. There are many personal touch in this Home Robert offers but big hotel won't provide. We were very happy to stay in Aruban Home and sad to leave this beautiful Island.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

My wife and I, Carrie, stayed at My Aruban Home in November 2012 and experienced the best hospitality of our lives. Robert and his family are easily some of the most caring and patient people we have ever met throughout our travels. Even after changing plans at the very last minute, he worked with our changed dates and still gave us a very good price on our stay.

Robert picked us up at the airport in a well-marked car (Aruban flag) to make it easier for us to find him, even after he had to wait an additional hour for the delayed flight. After helping us with our bags, he drove us to the best grocery store in town and patiently waited for us to purchase groceries for the week. This allowed us to be worry-free from the time we initially walked in our suite, which Robert had made very inviting with the bottle of red wine and two cold bottles of Balashis (Aruba's local/awesome beer) in the refrigerator.

Throughout our stay, Robert made sure we were getting the most out of our trip. One night, Robert drove us to the Italian restaurant at the lighthouse on the north side of the island. He coordinated in advance with the manager (that he knew personally) to make sure we had the best possible seat. It was a table for two a the edge of the balcony overlooking the island with an amazing view of the sunset. It was of the most memorable dining experiences of our lives.

Although My Aruban Home is a short 5-7 minute walk to a very developed area of the beach, offering a variety of activities, pools with swim-up bars, and several restaurants and activities.

We have never felt more "at home" in any of our previous accommodations. My Aruban Home is a special place. My only regret is forgetting to get a picture with Robert.

Room Tip: All rooms are great, and all have access to the relaxing patio.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

This is a clean small facility in Aruba. Robert is a caring host who wants to please. My Aruban Home is a nice base to work from when venturing out to the rest of the island. Clean rooms, quiet atmosphere, good Wifi. Enjoyed my stay there very much.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to My Aruban Home? Share your experiences!