“Perfection” 5 of 5 stars
Review of My Aruban Home

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Noord
My Aruban Home
Bakval 15A, Noord, Aruba   |
Special Rate
$120 (USD)
Ranked #1 of 4 Noord B&B and Inns
Fredericksburg, Virginia, United States
“Perfection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

My Aruban Home was the perfect destination for our honeymoon! My wife and I just returned from a 6-day stay with Robbie, and we could not be happier. To say that Robert (the owner) is a wonderful host is to say that Mozart was a 'wonderful' composer or that Steinway makes a 'wonderful' piano or that the Rhone Valley in Southern France makes a 'wonderful' wine - Robert sets the standard for what every host, or maybe every person, should strive to be. He was charming, helpful, welcoming and willing to help us in any way possible. After picking us up from the airport and chatting us up on the ride home, he told us the best way to shop for food to save money and then as we arrived at his home he said "Welcome home."

Robert's wife was visiting his daughter in Europe during our stay, but we had a blast being able to share our honeymoon with him. If you decide to go just for the hospitality and kindness of a born and raised Aruban native, you will not be disappointed.

That said, there was much more to the home than an incredible host. Being newlyweds with pretty limited income, we were looking to save money where we could (one of the reasons My Aruban Home was our choice over the resorts) without having to sacrifice our comfort or safety. We booked his smallest room and, because it was our honeymoon (his words) he gave us his biggest. A king bed, closets, beautiful updated bathroom, kitchen (with gas stove and various cooking basics (pans, pots, coffee pot, utensils, glassware, oil, salt and pepper, etc.) so you don't have to buy out the supermarket just to make a decent meal), a cozy living area with television and DVD player as well as a TV in the bedroom. The location is about a block from the Marriott which we had no problem accessing throughout the trip for the beach or a quick stop at the bar. We are fairly active and don't mind walking a lot or biking where we need to (Robbie also has bikes to use at your disposal free of charge!) for purposes of getting somewhere or just to explore the island.

I think what we loved the most about My Aruban Home was the freedom that we had to do whatever we wanted. I have been to bigger resort style places and you often feel stuck in your room or in the hotel with little incentive to leave because of the high price you are paying for the all-inclusive digs. Robbie's home felt like an apartment that we rented for the week with everything we needed and nothing that we didn't.

Part of me is afraid to give such high praise because my wife and I like the idea of this being 'our little secret' but Robbie was so good to us, it was the least we could do to recommend his place. We loved it. It was low-key, off the beaten path, and very... real. Exactly what we were looking for.

My one caveat is that if you are not active or prefer to take as few steps as possible on a vacation, you will not get the most out of this place. The home allows you to get up and get out or, on a rainy day (there are like 2 rainy days a year in Aruba) you can be totally comfortable sitting indoors watching netflix. Side note: I brought my laptop and we put Netflix to good use. The internet in Aruba was blazing fast compared to our rural internet in America. Good for nights or slow mornings.

When we return to Aruba, we will be staying exclusively at My Aruban Home!

Room Tip: There's only two room options I think... Both beautiful!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

72 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

First I would like to thank Robert and his family for the best time we ever had. He was very accommodating and we will be coming back there soon with our kids, back to Roberts House!
Only one word can describe our trip in Aruba...PERFECT!!!

A big part of what made it a Perfect Trip was ''My Aruban Home''.

My wife and I decide to go to Aruba for a nice vacation. Robert made our experience of renting this house easy and trouble free from the first e-mail we exchanged with him to the arrival day when he came to the airport and picked us up to take us the house. He answered all our questions and gave us GREAT tips that made our stay a perfect one.
Robert helped us to get a rental car (You need one if you are going around the island).
The house is well located; about 5 minutes drive to beautiful Beach.
The neighborhood is very quiet and consists mainly of local resident. The house is well equipped with a gas stove, fridge, nice living room, satellite TV, AC in all rooms, a King size bed in one bedroom (with private bathroom). The landscaping is beautiful and well maintain. I strongly recommend this house and you will really appreciate dealing with Robert.
Robert daughter Jillian gave us a tour in where the best places where to go and have an adventure. She and her newborn baby were a joy to be around.
We wanted a nice, relaxing, no stress vacation, and we got exactly that at My Aruban Home.
Robert and his family make you feel like you are at home with family.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Woodbridge, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I cannot say enough positive things about my stay here. Definitely one of the best travel choices I have ever made. To keep this short and to the point here are a few reasons I say these things:

1. Robert and his family really care about you and the experiences you have here.
2. Robert is happy to pick you up and drop you off anywhere you need, including the airport, grocery store, restaurants, etc. He and family are gracious hosts.
3. All the amenities you need are here - Wi-Fi, bikes, laundry, snorkels, beach towels, appliances, air conditioning, etc. This certainly helped in decreasing the amount of clothes I brought and it also allowed me to bring back a lot of extra, unused money.
4. The location is a few minutes walk from the beach, hotels, and restaurants. There's also a mini-market on the next street over.
5. I left feeling like I was part of the family. There are little to no other vacation destinations that you can say that about.

Thanks again to Robert and his family. I know that other people will read this review and make the right choice to stay with you. I know I'll be back sometime.

A few tips for vacationing in Aruba:

1. Let Robert set up a Jeep rental for you and rent it for two days minimum. It only cost me around $100 for one day.
2. U.S. dollars are accepted everywhere, no need to exchange money.
3. If you're departing on a Saturday, get to the airport at least 2 1/2 hours before your flight is scheduled to leave.
4. The beach behind the Holiday Inn was always the least crowded by far.
5. Let Robert set up a dinner reservation for you at La Trattoria el Faro Blanco, the Italian restaurant by the lighthouse. Arrive just before sunset to see it during dinner.
6. Aruba is a very windy place.

Room Tip: The guesthouse I stayed in had a bed large enough for 2 people and the space was good for 2 people.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
MyArubanHome, Owner at My Aruban Home, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words.
Hope you had a good start back at work.
It has been great having you staying with us and hope to host you again in the future.
Rockville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

We had an amazing time in Aruba, and were very, very happy to stay with Robert and his family. This was our honeymoon, and we wanted to make sure it was special. But we also wanted to avoid touristy, loud, crowded, and impersonal locations. From our very first contact with Robert, he was helpful and welcoming. We had read all the outstanding reviews here and, like others have noted, wondered if it could really be true. It was!

When you stay at My Aruban Home, you get more than a room - you get a family. We left Aruba feeling like we have friends on the island whom we would like to go back and visit. Robbie or his daughter Jillian checked with us each evening to see how our day had been, and if we needed them to make dinner reservations for us or give us a ride to rent a car, and so on. They gave us a lot of advice on places to go, and were available for recommendations. It was like having our own very friendly tour guides! But at the same time, their presence was never obtrusive and they were very careful to respect our privacy too.

Robbie helped us arrange a rental car (a jeep), got us there to rent the car and return it, and was very helpful with dinner reservations as well. Jillian actually called La Trattoria at the California Lighthouse when we were there to make sure they took care of us, as it was our honeymoon. That's the sort of considerate, thoughtful service that made us feel so special!

The rooms at My Aruban Home are small, but clean and nicely decorated. We had everything we needed to make dinner and breakfast, and Robert took us to a grocery store after picking us up from the airport. Other convenient items were also available: laundry, drying racks, beach towels, bicycles, etc. Robbie and his family live right next door, so anything missing is easy to borrow.

My Aruban Home is a short walk from the Marriot and Palm Beach and a short bicycle ride from Boca Catalina and other places. We used the bicycles extensively and found them to be very, very useful! We were stopped by multiple people who asked where we had rented the bikes - they are a great way to get around the island.

If you visit, be sure to go to Boca Catalina (our favorite beach, quiet and away from the crowds with amazing snorkeling). For $5, we rented lounge chairs and sat under a palapa so close to the water that our feet got splashed by the biggest waves. Consider renting a jeep to see Arikok and the Natural Pool and Natural Bridge. Also be sure to dine at the Lighthouse and consider Passions on the Beach (Amsterdam Manor) - both were extremely memorable and beautiful meals.

We wanted a quiet, relaxing, no stress vacation - and we got exactly that. There is no question we would stay at My Aruban Home again, and recommend it to any of our friends or family. If resorts and anonymous hotels do not make you happy and you want to stay someplace quiet, intimate, and personal, this is a great option. We left amazed and glowing at 8 flawless days - we simply would not have changed a single thing. It was perfect, and My Aruban Home was the most important part of it!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Flagstaff, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

We were fortunate enough to stay with Robert and his family for our tenth anniversary early September, 2012. I had read the great reviews prior to making the reservation and I was not disappointed. As most others had noted, Robert was an extremely gracious host and the rooms he rents were immaculate and well equipped. Upon our arrival Robert picked us up from the airport and took us to a grocery store so that we could stock up on essentials before going to our room. Because Aruba can be a little pricey it was great to be able to have a few meals in the room to save money. We found the location to be very convenient and when we needed to go a little farther the bikes that Robert provided were perfect. Robert and his family were a great resource of information and were always willing to do whatever it took to make our vacation as wonderful as possible. Both my wife and I strongly recommend staying at My Aruban Home for anyone looking for a more meaningful experience.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
MyArubanHome, Owner at My Aruban Home, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
We would like to thank you for this review, it has been an honor to host you and we were happy to see you enjoyed our complimentary beach bikes. Hope to see you again in the future. Regards from our family!
Port Huron, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

First off I would like to thank again Robert and his family for a wonderful stay! His place is amazing!!! For my wife and I, this was our first trip to Aruba. From July 5th, 2012 to July 13th, 2012, and it will not be our last!! When we return with our kids we are staying at My Aruban Home again! Roberts keeps his places and grounds in spectacular condition. Inside you have a couch area to watch TV. A full size fridge and freezer, a stove, microwave and sink in the kitchen. Very convenient when you don't want to go out for breakfast in the morning or stay home one night. My wife and I cooked a little but the option to cook when we wanted to was great. King size bed in the bed room and a good size bathroom and big shower! The outside was extremely well kept. My wife and I loved sitting out on the patio and having coffee in the morning.
Upon arrival Robert picks you up from the airport. He takes you to a grocery store to get anything you need on the way there. From the airport he also drives you around if you'd like him to show you areas and places on the island. He was helpful every time we called and provided us with anything we needed. He has a manual transmission jeep for his guests to use. Two bicycles and snorkel gear. Robert provides you with a packet of a whole bunch of things to do on the island. Go through the info he gives you. This is a review for his place, not the trips so I will give short advice on a few trips. While staying in Aruba, make sure you take the De palm tours Safari trip to the natural pool, awesome. De palm island trip was very cool!! We drove our selves to Boca Catalina many times and snorkeled ourselves. Baby beach is a must!!!
My Aruban home is a 5 min walk to the beach. My wife and I rented a car and drove all over the island seeing sites and hitting beaches. I advise you to rent a car, you'll be thanking yourself later. The locals are extremely nice and its completely safe to drive and walk the island any time of day. If your looking for a quiet, tranquil vacation with excellent customer service, without all the hustle and bustle of a big name resort, this is the place to stay. Do you really plan a vacation around staying on a "resort" or plan a vacation in an excellent location and make your own trip exploring the island and hitting it's beautiful beaches.
If you get anything out of my review, get this: Robert and his family are excellent hosts and provide outstanding customer service. More than just that, they treat you like family. My family and I will return and stay with the Falconi's again. I normally don't write reviews but in this case I needed to share our great experience to help others decide just as we got on here and read reviews. Should you stay at My Aruban Home? Absolutely. Will you be disappointed? Absolutely not.
In closing, thank you again Robert for an Amazing stay in Aruba. My family and I look forward to returning to the beautiful island of Aruba and staying with the Falconi's again!! See then my friend! Hope you enjoyed those burgers and rum!! ;-)

Chad and Stephanie Hutchinson

Room Tip: For couples I would recommend the guest house rooms like my wife and I had. For families, rent the v...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

Robbie was waiting for us at the airport (he provides a free pickup service as part of the rental charge) .Even though our flight was one hour late he happily greeted us and we took us on tour of the city. He offed to stop at a
Grocery store on the way HOME . The apartment we rented was extremely clean and modern accommodations and very tastefully decorated.
His home is on one side and the apartments/rentals are separated only by a courtyard. It was so nice to have the home cooking option to weigh against restaurant pricing. We stayed 3 days, then went to a resort for 5 more days. Getting the feel of Aruba from Robbie's place was awesome. We used his bicycles( free) and rode to the lighthouse, hitting two snorkeling spots on the way back. Next day we used his truck (half rental price) and explored more of the island. The location of his house was perfect - just a quick walk to the high rise strip with lots of shopping,restaurants,bars and the beach. It was great to be in a home atmosphere yet close to anything we wanted to do. Robbie is the best - he will do anything to make his guests happy. On our second day we realized there were some grocery items we needed and he insisted on driving us to the local store versus us taking the hike. He also let us stay beyond check out as our resort checkin was not til late in the day. He drove us to our next checkin...and when we forgot something back at his house was more than willing to grab it for us and deliver it to our hotel.....that is exceptional service!! We would say beyond the apt...the best part of staying at My Aruban Home is to learn from Robbie about the culture of the island and to meet a genuinely awesome person who really wants to make his guests happy. This is a GREAT place to stay and a good value too!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to My Aruban Home? Share your experiences!