“Truly "Your" Aruban Home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of My Aruban Home

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Noord
My Aruban Home
You added My Aruban Home to your Saves list
Bakval 15A, Noord, Aruba   |
Ranked #1 of 21 Specialty Lodging in Noord
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Truly "Your" Aruban Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I cannot say enough positive things about my stay here. Definitely one of the best travel choices I have ever made. To keep this short and to the point here are a few reasons I say these things:

1. Robert and his family really care about you and the experiences you have here.
2. Robert is happy to pick you up and drop you off anywhere you need, including the airport, grocery store, restaurants, etc. He and family are gracious hosts.
3. All the amenities you need are here - Wi-Fi, bikes, laundry, snorkels, beach towels, appliances, air conditioning, etc. This certainly helped in decreasing the amount of clothes I brought and it also allowed me to bring back a lot of extra, unused money.
4. The location is a few minutes walk from the beach, hotels, and restaurants. There's also a mini-market on the next street over.
5. I left feeling like I was part of the family. There are little to no other vacation destinations that you can say that about.

Thanks again to Robert and his family. I know that other people will read this review and make the right choice to stay with you. I know I'll be back sometime.

A few tips for vacationing in Aruba:

1. Let Robert set up a Jeep rental for you and rent it for two days minimum. It only cost me around $100 for one day.
2. U.S. dollars are accepted everywhere, no need to exchange money.
3. If you're departing on a Saturday, get to the airport at least 2 1/2 hours before your flight is scheduled to leave.
4. The beach behind the Holiday Inn was always the least crowded by far.
5. Let Robert set up a dinner reservation for you at La Trattoria el Faro Blanco, the Italian restaurant by the lighthouse. Arrive just before sunset to see it during dinner.
6. Aruba is a very windy place.

Room Tip: The guesthouse I stayed in had a bed large enough for 2 people and the space was good for 2 people.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
MyArubanHome, Owner at My Aruban Home, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words.
Hope you had a good start back at work.
It has been great having you staying with us and hope to host you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Rockville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

We had an amazing time in Aruba, and were very, very happy to stay with Robert and his family. This was our honeymoon, and we wanted to make sure it was special. But we also wanted to avoid touristy, loud, crowded, and impersonal locations. From our very first contact with Robert, he was helpful and welcoming. We had read all the outstanding reviews here and, like others have noted, wondered if it could really be true. It was!

When you stay at My Aruban Home, you get more than a room - you get a family. We left Aruba feeling like we have friends on the island whom we would like to go back and visit. Robbie or his daughter Jillian checked with us each evening to see how our day had been, and if we needed them to make dinner reservations for us or give us a ride to rent a car, and so on. They gave us a lot of advice on places to go, and were available for recommendations. It was like having our own very friendly tour guides! But at the same time, their presence was never obtrusive and they were very careful to respect our privacy too.

Robbie helped us arrange a rental car (a jeep), got us there to rent the car and return it, and was very helpful with dinner reservations as well. Jillian actually called La Trattoria at the California Lighthouse when we were there to make sure they took care of us, as it was our honeymoon. That's the sort of considerate, thoughtful service that made us feel so special!

The rooms at My Aruban Home are small, but clean and nicely decorated. We had everything we needed to make dinner and breakfast, and Robert took us to a grocery store after picking us up from the airport. Other convenient items were also available: laundry, drying racks, beach towels, bicycles, etc. Robbie and his family live right next door, so anything missing is easy to borrow.

My Aruban Home is a short walk from the Marriot and Palm Beach and a short bicycle ride from Boca Catalina and other places. We used the bicycles extensively and found them to be very, very useful! We were stopped by multiple people who asked where we had rented the bikes - they are a great way to get around the island.

If you visit, be sure to go to Boca Catalina (our favorite beach, quiet and away from the crowds with amazing snorkeling). For $5, we rented lounge chairs and sat under a palapa so close to the water that our feet got splashed by the biggest waves. Consider renting a jeep to see Arikok and the Natural Pool and Natural Bridge. Also be sure to dine at the Lighthouse and consider Passions on the Beach (Amsterdam Manor) - both were extremely memorable and beautiful meals.

We wanted a quiet, relaxing, no stress vacation - and we got exactly that. There is no question we would stay at My Aruban Home again, and recommend it to any of our friends or family. If resorts and anonymous hotels do not make you happy and you want to stay someplace quiet, intimate, and personal, this is a great option. We left amazed and glowing at 8 flawless days - we simply would not have changed a single thing. It was perfect, and My Aruban Home was the most important part of it!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Flagstaff, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

We were fortunate enough to stay with Robert and his family for our tenth anniversary early September, 2012. I had read the great reviews prior to making the reservation and I was not disappointed. As most others had noted, Robert was an extremely gracious host and the rooms he rents were immaculate and well equipped. Upon our arrival Robert picked us up from the airport and took us to a grocery store so that we could stock up on essentials before going to our room. Because Aruba can be a little pricey it was great to be able to have a few meals in the room to save money. We found the location to be very convenient and when we needed to go a little farther the bikes that Robert provided were perfect. Robert and his family were a great resource of information and were always willing to do whatever it took to make our vacation as wonderful as possible. Both my wife and I strongly recommend staying at My Aruban Home for anyone looking for a more meaningful experience.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
MyArubanHome, Owner at My Aruban Home, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
We would like to thank you for this review, it has been an honor to host you and we were happy to see you enjoyed our complimentary beach bikes. Hope to see you again in the future. Regards from our family!
Port Huron, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

First off I would like to thank again Robert and his family for a wonderful stay! His place is amazing!!! For my wife and I, this was our first trip to Aruba. From July 5th, 2012 to July 13th, 2012, and it will not be our last!! When we return with our kids we are staying at My Aruban Home again! Roberts keeps his places and grounds in spectacular condition. Inside you have a couch area to watch TV. A full size fridge and freezer, a stove, microwave and sink in the kitchen. Very convenient when you don't want to go out for breakfast in the morning or stay home one night. My wife and I cooked a little but the option to cook when we wanted to was great. King size bed in the bed room and a good size bathroom and big shower! The outside was extremely well kept. My wife and I loved sitting out on the patio and having coffee in the morning.
Upon arrival Robert picks you up from the airport. He takes you to a grocery store to get anything you need on the way there. From the airport he also drives you around if you'd like him to show you areas and places on the island. He was helpful every time we called and provided us with anything we needed. He has a manual transmission jeep for his guests to use. Two bicycles and snorkel gear. Robert provides you with a packet of a whole bunch of things to do on the island. Go through the info he gives you. This is a review for his place, not the trips so I will give short advice on a few trips. While staying in Aruba, make sure you take the De palm tours Safari trip to the natural pool, awesome. De palm island trip was very cool!! We drove our selves to Boca Catalina many times and snorkeled ourselves. Baby beach is a must!!!
My Aruban home is a 5 min walk to the beach. My wife and I rented a car and drove all over the island seeing sites and hitting beaches. I advise you to rent a car, you'll be thanking yourself later. The locals are extremely nice and its completely safe to drive and walk the island any time of day. If your looking for a quiet, tranquil vacation with excellent customer service, without all the hustle and bustle of a big name resort, this is the place to stay. Do you really plan a vacation around staying on a "resort" or plan a vacation in an excellent location and make your own trip exploring the island and hitting it's beautiful beaches.
If you get anything out of my review, get this: Robert and his family are excellent hosts and provide outstanding customer service. More than just that, they treat you like family. My family and I will return and stay with the Falconi's again. I normally don't write reviews but in this case I needed to share our great experience to help others decide just as we got on here and read reviews. Should you stay at My Aruban Home? Absolutely. Will you be disappointed? Absolutely not.
In closing, thank you again Robert for an Amazing stay in Aruba. My family and I look forward to returning to the beautiful island of Aruba and staying with the Falconi's again!! See then my friend! Hope you enjoyed those burgers and rum!! ;-)

Chad and Stephanie Hutchinson

Room Tip: For couples I would recommend the guest house rooms like my wife and I had. For families, rent the v...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

Robbie was waiting for us at the airport (he provides a free pickup service as part of the rental charge) .Even though our flight was one hour late he happily greeted us and we took us on tour of the city. He offed to stop at a
Grocery store on the way HOME . The apartment we rented was extremely clean and modern accommodations and very tastefully decorated.
His home is on one side and the apartments/rentals are separated only by a courtyard. It was so nice to have the home cooking option to weigh against restaurant pricing. We stayed 3 days, then went to a resort for 5 more days. Getting the feel of Aruba from Robbie's place was awesome. We used his bicycles( free) and rode to the lighthouse, hitting two snorkeling spots on the way back. Next day we used his truck (half rental price) and explored more of the island. The location of his house was perfect - just a quick walk to the high rise strip with lots of shopping,restaurants,bars and the beach. It was great to be in a home atmosphere yet close to anything we wanted to do. Robbie is the best - he will do anything to make his guests happy. On our second day we realized there were some grocery items we needed and he insisted on driving us to the local store versus us taking the hike. He also let us stay beyond check out as our resort checkin was not til late in the day. He drove us to our next checkin...and when we forgot something back at his house was more than willing to grab it for us and deliver it to our hotel.....that is exceptional service!! We would say beyond the apt...the best part of staying at My Aruban Home is to learn from Robbie about the culture of the island and to meet a genuinely awesome person who really wants to make his guests happy. This is a GREAT place to stay and a good value too!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012 via mobile

From start to finish Robbie (the owner) treated us like family. He picked us up and provided us a nice tour of the area with suggestions of things to do. A car was available and he provided bicycles. VERY convienient location. Walking distance to beach and restaurants. An absolute MUST is Wacky Wahoo's for the finest fish. We will be back!!

Jennifer and Jason Grieff

• Stayed February 2012
Cape Cod, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

I travel to Aruba every winter for six full weeks. I'm a 64 year old single woman who gravitates to small, intimate, cost effective properties, hoping to find a sense of warm camaraderie with other guests and onsite owners. I have found all that and more at My Aruban Home. Usually I write my review at the end of my stay, but in the case of this immaculate, well located, beautifully maintained little enclave of well equipped efficiency apartments, I couldn't wait to share my good fortune. Robert Falconi, (owner/host) and his lovely wife Judy care enough to send the very best! He offered to pick me up at the airport, which I had already arranged with my rental car company. He made sure I had good directions to his property. He was outside, awaiting my arrival. I was warmly welcomed and with a genuine smile, he directed me to my personal parking place. He took care of my heaviest suitcase, led me through a locked gate into a well manicured, modest garden to my accommodation. My one bedroom guesthouse apartment was gleaming and appeared new. The draperies were drawn and the quiet air conditioning was cooling anticipating my arrival. This is a guy who asks himself what he and his wife would expect and enjoy if they themselves were checking in. This is what I found, a lovely bottle of complimentary red wine and two glasses attractively set on the kitchen counter and in the full size refrigerator an ice cold bottle of water, a can of regular Coke, a Balashi Beer and a bottle of Nesbitt's sweet red soda. Everything worked and everything was pristine. There was a ceiling fan, split air conditioning unit and flatscreen cable television in both the living room and the bedroom. The pots, pans and dishes in the kitchen were shiny clean and there was a complimentary scrubbing sponge, a bottle of dish liquid, a bottle of hand soap, a roll of paper towels, and a full napkin holder of paper napkins. Never have I found so many (well thought out) amenities at this price. I couldn't wait to take a bunch of pictures to E-mail home to friends and family. But Robert hadn't finished showing me around. I was taken to the laundry room where I could wash and dry my clothing at will, and without charge, detergent included. I was shown beach towels, beach chairs, a clothes line, charcoal Weber grill, gas grill and bicycles. I felt safe, happy and just like a member of the Falconi family. Judy came by after she returned from work to also welcome me. That was my introduction...my first impression. It was flawless. As I unpacked, I started investigating on my own. Both air conditioners and ceiling fans were quiet and efficient. The wireless Internet and cable television reception on both TV's could not have been sharper. The mattress was firm, good quality and maybe even more comfortable than mine at home. The lightbulbs had better than adequate wattage, I could see to read and apply makeup. There was reading material, plenty of hangers in the closet and even an electric teapot. There are very few areas for improvement, however I'd like to suggest three, mainly because I plan to return year after year. Inside screens on the two casement windows in the living room would cut down on mosquitos, flies and the cost of continual air conditioning. 100% cotton bed sheets which are softer, cooler, more comfortable and more durable and lastly, a corner wall hanging shelf or tiny night stand near the bed so the occupant can place a glass of water and a pair of eyeglasses before falling asleep. Ladies and Gentlemen, this is a wonderfully maintained lodging facility worth talking about. Run don't walk, you'll never want to leave and will shout the praises of My Aruban Home from the rooftops. But the best news of all??? I wasn't asked to write this review.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo

Been to My Aruban Home? Share your experiences!