I cannot say enough positive things about my stay here. Definitely one of the best travel choices I have ever made. To keep this short and to the point here are a few reasons I say these things:
1. Robert and his family really care about you and the experiences you have here.
2. Robert is happy to pick you up and drop you off anywhere you need, including the airport, grocery store, restaurants, etc. He and family are gracious hosts.
3. All the amenities you need are here - Wi-Fi, bikes, laundry, snorkels, beach towels, appliances, air conditioning, etc. This certainly helped in decreasing the amount of clothes I brought and it also allowed me to bring back a lot of extra, unused money.
4. The location is a few minutes walk from the beach, hotels, and restaurants. There's also a mini-market on the next street over.
5. I left feeling like I was part of the family. There are little to no other vacation destinations that you can say that about.
Thanks again to Robert and his family. I know that other people will read this review and make the right choice to stay with you. I know I'll be back sometime.
A few tips for vacationing in Aruba:
1. Let Robert set up a Jeep rental for you and rent it for two days minimum. It only cost me around $100 for one day.
2. U.S. dollars are accepted everywhere, no need to exchange money.
3. If you're departing on a Saturday, get to the airport at least 2 1/2 hours before your flight is scheduled to leave.
4. The beach behind the Holiday Inn was always the least crowded by far.
5. Let Robert set up a dinner reservation for you at La Trattoria el Faro Blanco, the Italian restaurant by the lighthouse. Arrive just before sunset to see it during dinner.
6. Aruba is a very windy place.