“Caribbean palm village” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 hotels in Noord
Troy, New York
“Caribbean palm village”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

My husband and I are located in G108 a two bedroom unit. The unit was outstanding. The beds were very comfortable , the bathrooms have all been updated and are exquisite. The housekeeper came in every day. The living room and dining room furniture is in excellent condition. The kitchen area is ideal and is very well stocked with Teflon fry pans and stainless steel pots. Paper towels, dish detergent, soaps, Tupperware containers of all sizes- even salt,pepper,coffee filters are provided. The staff was friendly, helpful and aimed to please. The pools looked new, the grounds are very well kept and security was visible all hours of the night. There were four of us in the units A&B the two bedroom units hold ten comfortably.
We have traveled the world and for the past 25 years Caribbean Palm Village is our home for one relaxing, romantic week in August. Our second week is at the beach condo which we also own-noisy, crowded, kitchen not well supplied, much smaller rooms, much less privacy, noisy hallways at all hours - also recently renovated.
Caribbean Palm is a 4****** resort.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

288 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

CPV was about a mile from beaches. They had agreements with Mumba beach and eagle beach. Free lounge chairs at beach. Eagle beach home run. Sweet Peppers on site, open all day, excellent food all day. Dinners exceptional. Happy hour was 2 for 1. Staff outstanding

• Stayed August 2013
Gatineau, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Awesome place but, if you are a flora and fauna person as I am, maybe the island itself not so much, Apparently good for snorkeling and deep see fishing. Aruba is a party haven, way too many happy hours.
The resort tho is #1, excellent food at Sweet Peppers and really clean and well taken care of. It is also close to many amenities but not on the beach.

Room Tip: Best rooms are facing the pools,
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I stayed her for a week in July 2013 and was impressed with this place. I have owned timeshares here for 3 years and never used them until now. The staff was very welcoming and pleasant, they could not do enough for you.
I liked the bar and the karaoke night was fun.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Irvine, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

It's a paradise home away from home. This place is just perfect for a family getaway. My wife and I, together with our 8 yr old boy and 2 yr old girl, had a BLAST!! The staff were very very courteous, friendly, accommodating, and nice! Don't forget to visit Miss Lady and Mr. Farley at the Activities office - they know what you need to make your visit fun and convenient. They helped us book our island tour and can arrange any activity that you wish to do in the island. They also have daily family fun activities for the entire family. The room that we got was very clean and made our 7-day stay very comfortable. This is our first trip to Aruba and we are so glad we chose to stay here at Caribbean Palm Village Resort. The location is not along the beach but they have a daily shuttle van that will take you to the beach (Moomba Beach is our favorite). They are also near restaurants, convenience stores, and a shopping mall. When opportunity comes again, we'll definitely visit Aruba and stay in this resort hotel. By the way, their bar/restaurant Sweet Peppers offers great drinks and very good food. Of course, their staff is excellent, as well.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Gardiner, Maine, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I'm a little late getting this review up, but I wanted to take a chance to say how much my sisters and I enjoyed staying at the CPVR back in the month of May... We knew going into it from other reviews we had read that this resort was away from the high rises and was a little on the quieter side. We were initially a little bit nervous about this because our ages run from 18-26, but we found ourselves pleasantly surprised when we arrived.The resort was in fact quiet, but no one really seemed to mind a few younger people running around. The rooms were very clean and the woman who was our housekeeper for the week was absolutely amazing. I'm only sorry I never got her name. Even on days that were suppose to be towel service only we discovered that she had done any left over dishes and made the beds.
I'm sorry I waited so long to write this because now I really can't remember anyone's name but everyone who worked at the resort were just wonderful. Our first morning there we attended a welcome breakfast where we learned from different vendors all the cool things we could do on the island and several of the vendors offered a cash discount if you booked with them right there that morning. I know people tend to want to skip these sorts of thing, but my sisters and I were really glad we went. First because we really got a feel for who the people on the resort were, and secondly because we ended up booking a snorkeling adventure plus a sunset cruise for the grand total of $75.00 USD. The day we spent on those adventures was our absolute favorite. Last but not least, we loved this welcome because it happened to fall on Mother's Day. The resort employees gave everyone who was a mom a very beautiful rose as a special gift. My older sister and I both have small children that we were away from for this trip, so it was a very special treat for us.
We quickly discovered the Sweet Pepper restaurant that is on site at the resort and it was absolutely amazing. We were lucky to have an awesome room on the ground floor right next to the restaurant and "party" pool so we frequented it regularly. The bar tenders and staff were extremely nice and quickly learned to recognize us through the week . We were also surprised to learn early on that the wonderful man (Ricardo) who served us at our table wasn't just the manager like we assumed, but the owner! Service like that just doesn't happen at bigger resorts. Also, everyone at the resort tried hard to make up for what the resort lacked (being right on the beach and near the shops/casinos) by throwing in extras here at our resort. We had not one, or even two, but THREE HAPPY HOURS! Also, on Tuesday nights the second happy hour is actually FREE DRINKS, instead of just buy one get one free. Even the people who work at the resort tell you to take advantage of it. Sweet Pepper also hosted a Karaoke party on Thursday night that was a total blast.
My sisters and I never felt out of place because we were younger than most of the other guests. One because we were lucky enough that there were actually another small group of young people staying there, and two because all the other guests and resort employees were so fantastic. We actually felt as though we had been adopted for the week. The employees seemed to genuinely care for us while we were there, and wanted to make sure we were having fun and being safe.
There were only a couple things that made the trip a little less than perfect and why I didn't give this an Excellent, and just kept it at Very Good. While the Resort is awesome and offers complimentary shuttle service to the different beaches, on the first day we attempted to use this service the larger shuttle van was having maintenance and they were using a small mini-van. which meant it took several trips for people to get to and from the beach. Because i was travelling with a group of four that didn't want to separate, we did end up having to wait upwards of 30+ minutes for the shuttle. We all understood that these things happen and you can't really plan for them, but we did end up ultimately deciding to just use a taxi for the rest of the week. (but guest services was awesome at getting us a taxi whenever we needed one.)
Another thing is that while we were there the water got shut off two nights in a row for construction reasons. While this really didn't affect my sisters and I because we were usually sleeping during the time frame, it was worrisome to think about getting up in the night and not being able to flush the toilet. Like i said, it didn't really bother us, but a lot of the other guests complained about it while we were there. I also had the mishap of discovering a little mouse in our bathroom one of the nights we were there. Other than giving me a mini heart attack at the time, it didn't really bother us and I went right back to bed. (It was literally 3 in the morning and I didn't feel like calling maintenance or whoever would have come in) The next morning the mouse was gone and we never reported seeing it. There were a few cats running around the property and i assume they help keep the mouse population under control. I understand that this would have been a big problem for other people staying in the room, but for my sisters and I it was just another adventure in staying on the Island and the resort being so wonderful definitely made up for any of these incidents. All of us would absolutely go back to the CPVR is a heart beat. and thanks to everyone there for making our stay so wonderful!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We decided to stay in Aruba for two weeks, the first week we spent at the all inclusive Riu, which was exceptional, we enjoyed our stay and all the food and drink. We were with 13 other friends at the Riu. I have a time share at the Caribbean Palm Village and decided this year to stay there for the second week to tour the island. We rented a jeep from Royal Car rental, and I would highly recommend them, they dropped the jeep off at the hotel for us so we could drive to our resort and the price was excellent for the week rental. The jeep was a 2009 and well maintained. When we returned the jeep they drove us to the airport. Highly recommended.
Anyway, the Caribbean Palm Village is a mile away from the high rises (we could see the Riu from our resort) The resort was clean and well maintained, the two pools were lovely, one pool was near the bar, so it was noisy, but the other pool was in a quiet area and that is the one we used. The bar was nice, we often went there for a drink before we retired for the night. They had times when it was two for one drinks, you could order appetizers at the bar for a late night snack. The girls serving you the drinks were very friendly and informative. A restaurant sat behind the bar, but we found the music to be very loud, so we never went to the restaurant to eat. We stayed in a one bedroom, 2 bath room, it had a nice kitchen. We did cook there a few nights, it was sufficient for our needs, it could have been better stocked with utensils. They have a few very nice gas grills which we also used to grill our dinner. Housekeeping was very good. They have a washer and dryer near our room, but it was often out of service or if it was in service the washer leaked badly, flooding the laundry room floor. The girls at the reception desk were very helpful and didn't mind all my questions. It was a very nice stay.

Room Tip: Stay away from the center of the resort where the reception office is. The bar is there and it can...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Caribbean Palm Village Resort? Share your experiences!