“Quiet, clean but lacking some amenities” 3 of 5 stars

Caribbean Palm Village Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   Palm Beach Road | Noord 43E, Noord, Aruba   |
Ranked #1 of 3 hotels in Noord
Regina, SK Canada
“Quiet, clean but lacking some amenities”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

My husband and I only stayed 3 nights (November 2012), awaiting our move to another facility for a 7-night stay. This hotel is not on the beach but certainly within walking distance for not-so-lazy tourists. The rooms were clean as were the grounds, lights and security were good. Room is not good for much else except sleeping. No coffee maker (although the did bring one because we asked), no small bar fridge to keep a beverage cool, not even a toaster. Clear that they want you either not to make a mess with food or have a deal with local restaurants. Can't even have a coffee in the morning. Front desk staff were friendly but not terribly helpful. We asked for an ice bucket, were told that one would be brought up and they actually delivered a jug with cubes in it. Other disappointment was the hottub. Jets were WAY too forceful and very noisy, not exactly a relaxing experience -- had to shout to the person next to you just to be heard. Water coming out of jets had to much air that it felt cold. Good news is that is was a good walk to several good eating places and the highrise district. Totally safe to walk, day or night. Sidewalks are generally level and in good repair for walking. Loved Aruba -- would go back in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Any room seemed fine. Facility is quiet, including the rooms directly facing the pool.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

290 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

This resort was amazing. The staff was extremely friendly and very attentive. Although not on the beach you did not miss it. Daily activites at the pool made our days go by so fast. If we chose to go to the beach the resort provided daily free shuttles to your choice of two beautiful beaches. The rooms were spacious and the kitchen was fully stocked with everything you would need, however the restaurant on site was absolutely delicous we ate there every night. We cannot speak more kindly about the wait staff, bar staff and manager of the restaurant. These people worked extremely hard to make our stay even more perfect.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Virginia Beach, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

The Caribbean Palm Village is off the beaten track in Aruba. You definitely need a car to get around. But the resort is quiet and friendly and clean and well kept. It is not the Ritz but it is just perfect if you are wanting to enjoy Aruba. The wifi is spotty and the beds are not very new. But the staff was always helpful. The pool settings are very nice.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Montauk, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

My husband and I are Marriott Club owners in Orlando. WE tried to exchange , first putting in for the Marriotts, then a number of other hotels. We were not happy that the only place we could get the 2 bedroom was not on the ocean. Having said that, the four of us ( we travelled with another couple) enjoyed out trip immensely. First, the rooms are huge, very comfortable, everything you need is there. Second, the restaurant on the property was GREAT! We only ate elsewhere once, and everyone was a little disappointed. Good strong coffee ( important to us), excellent grouper, etc. You felt like you were at your regular hangout by the second night. I will miss this. My husband and I purchased a timeshare at the Divi Beach, because we love Aruba and the exchanges are getting harder to workout. Honestly, the shuttle to the beach from the CPVR worked for me, 9:25 to Pelican, always got shade ( crucial i Aruba, especially with my Irish skin), good restaurant, waiter service on the beach and 2 well drinks for $ 7, with 10% off as a CPVR guest. The pool was clean, beautiful and my husband loved the pool volleyball every afternoon. If the CPVR was on the ocean, we would have bought there. Having said that, I am wondering if we paid A :OT more for that one thing. The Divi is gorgeous, even nicer then the Marriotts , in my opinion, but the CPVR is such a bargain. See what you think. One other statement. I am 53, my husband 47, the other couple 49 & 63. We were some of the youngest at CPVR. Not a problem, but may be for those who want a livelier night life. Basically, there is none. I like that though.

Room Tip: If you can, ask for first floor by the pool.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Earlier this year I bought a one bedroom unit from a friend who wasn't using his weeks. Every time that I have been at CPVR I have used his week. This was my first time being there as an owner.

Where do I begin? See my previous review dated December 17, 2007 for additional general information. CPVR is undergoing some renovations that look very promising. I had the opportunity to view one of the new two bedroom units and it was very, very nice.

I found the WiFi to be more reliable this visit. I was able to get my work and personal e-mail on my iPod Touch. That worked out very well since I don't have international service on my cell phone. The resort does have complimentary access to computers if you don't bring your own. If you forget to bring or run out of reading material, there is also a library with an assortment of books and magazines.

As I stated in my previous post, the complimentary luggage carts at the airport are wonderful. I don't know why most people don't use them. maybe they think there is a fee as in most other airports. The taxi line was long, but it moved very quickly. The fare was $27 for two people.

Most one bedroom units have two bathrooms. This is a blessing. From what I understand,
there are three one bedroom units in the resort that have only one bathroom. The last time I was there, I got one of those unfortunately.

The staff is very friendly and helpful. Harley and his new helper led water aerobics most mornings. I am definitely not one for exercise, but they made it fun.

The CPVR may not be on the beach, nor is it the most modern venue, but I like it. I liked it so much that I bought a unit. It feels very safe and I would have no trouble going alone and staying for the week. You don't have to fight for beach chairs, there is a restaurant/bar on premises and everything you need is right there or close by. They also have gas grills that you can use. Some people rent cars, but I don't. The only reason I would want to have a car is to go to the larger supermarkets. But, I can always take a taxi, which are plentiful and come quickly. There are two small supermarkets within a couple of blocks.

I cook most of my meals but venture out to a nice restaurant at least once during my visit.

Although the property is not on the beach, there is a complimentary shuttle to two beaches twice daily.

You can't go wrong with CPVR and the price is right.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Location just off 'the strip' and easy access to beach, shopping, etc. Spacious rooms with private baths for each bedroom. Kitchens well equipped for cooking meals to save $$. 2 shuttles to 2 beaches daily. Restaurant was overpriced for the quality of food. Would recommend for families. The wifi needs to be upgraded...spotty. I could not get a connection in my bedroom but did get one in the living room ???

Room Tip: My bed was hard but my travel mate did not complain about hers. Barking dog at adjacent private home...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Whitemarsh, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Stayed at CPVR the week of November 3rd 2012. It was very relaxing and enjoyable. Rented a car and explored the island in the afternoons. Stopped by the Aruba Aloe factory. Did beaches in morning, recommend Eagle Beach! Ate out only 3 times, cooked in mostly.

Did my homework before going so there were not any real surprises Knew about the taxes and some additional fees. Went off season so it wasn't crowded, very few kids, had the pools to ourselves after 8 PM. Liked the daily maid service. Had the events coordinator make my dinner reservations. Liked the on-site evening activities - happy hour, local vendors, music and games. Liked the Wednesday night dinner and Carnival show.

Grounds were well kept, the beach shuttle was on Aruban time mostly - 15 minutes late. Staff friendly and courteous. My wife went to the Spa and loved it - ask for Romi. On-site restaurant was reasonable and food above average (for the island).

Left the safe open one day with my credit card and money in it by accident. The maid noticed and called security who locked the safe. Left a note to call front desk when we returned. They came down, opened the safe and had me check to make sure nothing was missing - and to my relief everything was right where I left it. I was very grateful for the honesty of the employees at CPVR!

A little off the beaten trail but only 5 minutes to beach, main strip, mall, casinos and most restaurants by car. It was nice to come back to a quite retreat after a busy day out!

I would definitely come back here again to stay!!!!!!!!

Gerry & Beth
Conshohocken, PA

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Caribbean Palm Village Resort? Share your experiences!