“Great vacation!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 hotels in Noord
Houston, Texas
“Great vacation!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Location just off 'the strip' and easy access to beach, shopping, etc. Spacious rooms with private baths for each bedroom. Kitchens well equipped for cooking meals to save $$. 2 shuttles to 2 beaches daily. Restaurant was overpriced for the quality of food. Would recommend for families. The wifi needs to be upgraded...spotty. I could not get a connection in my bedroom but did get one in the living room ???

Room Tip: My bed was hard but my travel mate did not complain about hers. Barking dog at adjacent private home...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

267 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Whitemarsh, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Stayed at CPVR the week of November 3rd 2012. It was very relaxing and enjoyable. Rented a car and explored the island in the afternoons. Stopped by the Aruba Aloe factory. Did beaches in morning, recommend Eagle Beach! Ate out only 3 times, cooked in mostly.

Did my homework before going so there were not any real surprises Knew about the taxes and some additional fees. Went off season so it wasn't crowded, very few kids, had the pools to ourselves after 8 PM. Liked the daily maid service. Had the events coordinator make my dinner reservations. Liked the on-site evening activities - happy hour, local vendors, music and games. Liked the Wednesday night dinner and Carnival show.

Grounds were well kept, the beach shuttle was on Aruban time mostly - 15 minutes late. Staff friendly and courteous. My wife went to the Spa and loved it - ask for Romi. On-site restaurant was reasonable and food above average (for the island).

Left the safe open one day with my credit card and money in it by accident. The maid noticed and called security who locked the safe. Left a note to call front desk when we returned. They came down, opened the safe and had me check to make sure nothing was missing - and to my relief everything was right where I left it. I was very grateful for the honesty of the employees at CPVR!

A little off the beaten trail but only 5 minutes to beach, main strip, mall, casinos and most restaurants by car. It was nice to come back to a quite retreat after a busy day out!

I would definitely come back here again to stay!!!!!!!!

Gerry & Beth
Conshohocken, PA

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Holmdel, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I have been staying at CPV since I was a baby. Every year I return with my family, so to me, this is home. I am accustomed to everything here as it has not changed much in 25 years. This year was a great surprise. They have started renovations on the rooms, and they look fabulous. There are two pools and two hot tubs. A great restaurant on the property and friendly staff. We have met so many great people here, both from the island and visitors. I have to say that without the new renovations the hotel was just so-so, and I started to feel like there were better places to stay. CPV is not on the beach but they do offer a shuttle back and forth twice a day if you do not want to stay at the pool. There are activities planned if you do decide to spend the day at the pool. The restaurant has good food and the best staff around! If you like to walk, it's not far from grocery stores, restaurants, and the beach. If you don't like to walk and do not rent a car, a taxi ride to the high rise hotels and shopping plazas is only about $8. And not more than $20 to downtown Oranjestad. This is a great place to stay if you plan on staying for more than a few days. My family and I usually stay for three weeks, and the in-room kitchen and spacious rooms offers us a relaxing and comfortable stay.

Room Tip: You can rent a double or single. The rooms vary based on prices but they have a variety of choices...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

This hotel was ok but, it didn't make me feel like I was in Aruba. It could have been anywhere with a few palm trees on the grounds. The location in Noord is not really close to anything not, the beaches or downtown. There are not many places to walk to so if you are staying there it's probably best to have a car. The food from the restaurant was average at best and a little pricey for what you get. I had a 1 bedroom with kitchenette which was perfectly adequate although I was in a building where they were doing construction on my floor and on the pool in front of that building. Most rooms have no internet service except those facing the pool. I was facing the pool being repaired but, the internet was patchy at best. I was on there for a few nights as I people coming in and I moved hotels. Of the 3 places that I stayed during my trip to Aruba, CPV was my least favorite... MVC was a great boutique hotel with the beach across the road and affordable and the Renaissance in downtown was an ideal location in the heart of Oranjested. Staying at CPV, was ok but, I won't likely be returning.

Room Tip: Ask if your building/area has construction.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
St Thomas, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Clean rooms, close to amenities, excellent staff. Two beautiful pools for relaxing. Fully fitted kitchens so making your meals is easy. Plenty of grocery stores within walking distance. Beaches are about a kilometer walk. Only one restaurant on site - prices are reasonable when compared to the rest of the island. It is not an inclusive resort.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Leominster, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We were booked for two weeks at this hotel and were really looking forward to it after reading reviews and checking it out on the web. BUT what a horrible experience we had. First of all, the website stated all buildings have elevators and we were told they do not. It was a requirement because of knee surgery. Secondly, the website states all rooms have 2 baths - WRONG. Finally, we were moved to a 2 bath after being told they did not have any. And, last but not least, sofa beds cannot be slept on in this hotel as stated by an employee because they were not safe. The one in our room was broken! Where were we to sleep????? To top it all off, the manager tells his employees NOT to call him for any reason on the weekend!!!!!!!
Thank goodness for the excellent staff at the check in - they were extremely gracious and allowed us to use their phone to call Intervale, our exchange contact.
NEVER AGAIN and I will be sure to let everyone I know who is going to Aruba NOT to book at this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Sicamous, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

If your are looking for a nice safe quite place this is it. Mostly older people, very friendly, resort is clean and the staff are very helpful. Avoid the restaurant very overpriced. The bar you have to watch as they don't keep track of the drinks very well.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Caribbean Palm Village Resort? Share your experiences!