“Nothing specail...” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 hotels in Noord
Atlanta, Georgia
“Nothing specail...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

This hotel was ok but, it didn't make me feel like I was in Aruba. It could have been anywhere with a few palm trees on the grounds. The location in Noord is not really close to anything not, the beaches or downtown. There are not many places to walk to so if you are staying there it's probably best to have a car. The food from the restaurant was average at best and a little pricey for what you get. I had a 1 bedroom with kitchenette which was perfectly adequate although I was in a building where they were doing construction on my floor and on the pool in front of that building. Most rooms have no internet service except those facing the pool. I was facing the pool being repaired but, the internet was patchy at best. I was on there for a few nights as I people coming in and I moved hotels. Of the 3 places that I stayed during my trip to Aruba, CPV was my least favorite... MVC was a great boutique hotel with the beach across the road and affordable and the Renaissance in downtown was an ideal location in the heart of Oranjested. Staying at CPV, was ok but, I won't likely be returning.

Room Tip: Ask if your building/area has construction.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

289 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
St Thomas, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Clean rooms, close to amenities, excellent staff. Two beautiful pools for relaxing. Fully fitted kitchens so making your meals is easy. Plenty of grocery stores within walking distance. Beaches are about a kilometer walk. Only one restaurant on site - prices are reasonable when compared to the rest of the island. It is not an inclusive resort.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Leominster, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We were booked for two weeks at this hotel and were really looking forward to it after reading reviews and checking it out on the web. BUT what a horrible experience we had. First of all, the website stated all buildings have elevators and we were told they do not. It was a requirement because of knee surgery. Secondly, the website states all rooms have 2 baths - WRONG. Finally, we were moved to a 2 bath after being told they did not have any. And, last but not least, sofa beds cannot be slept on in this hotel as stated by an employee because they were not safe. The one in our room was broken! Where were we to sleep????? To top it all off, the manager tells his employees NOT to call him for any reason on the weekend!!!!!!!
Thank goodness for the excellent staff at the check in - they were extremely gracious and allowed us to use their phone to call Intervale, our exchange contact.
NEVER AGAIN and I will be sure to let everyone I know who is going to Aruba NOT to book at this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Sicamous, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

If your are looking for a nice safe quite place this is it. Mostly older people, very friendly, resort is clean and the staff are very helpful. Avoid the restaurant very overpriced. The bar you have to watch as they don't keep track of the drinks very well.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

This is a resort to go to if your expectations aren't very high. It is extremely noisy and full of kids at all hours. The pool is open late and the kids are in it until closing. Sitting out on your balcony is not a quiet, relaxing experience.
The rooms are very nice space wise but there was no water pressure every morning. I mean a trickle coming out of the faucets and our last morning simply no water coming out at all from any water source. We had to take showers in the evening; seriously people, how can you rent out a facility with this sort of problem?
The pools seem to be cleaned every morning with a filter machine but they are never clear and you just don't feel good swimming in them.
The fitness center is adequate and I'm glad it was there. I really didn't want to run on the roads surrounding the complex.
As for the beach shuttle, if you have any aspirations of getting there quickly, take a cab. It is first come first served and you may be the second or third shuttle, and we are talking an hour or longer wait.
The restaurant is okay at best, the servers are nice if you make yourself known to them and you certainly won't get intoxicated on their beverages.
Really, overall, a disappointment.

Room Tip: The third floor rooms are a bit quieter than lower levels.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I've stayed at this resort three times since 2006. It's a great resort that is in the high rise area without high rise prices. Also, it's a smaller resort, so there aren't too many people and kids running around, so it tends to be a bit more quiet. I have also noticed consistent improvements to the grounds and I have been told starting this year in September, there will be complete renovations of the guest rooms. I look forward to seeing those changes.

Room Tip: I prefer the pool facing rooms.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Silver Spring, Maryland, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I stayed at this resort for the first time and the first few days was alright but someone waited til the next to the last day and stole my ring and souvenir out of my room. I went to management and they sort of blew me off and stated that they would look into it then when i went to check again they said that the maids did not see any ring. Now did they really think that a maid would stand up and say I did it. I had other valuables out like camera and laptop they were not disturbed but i specifically left my ring and some souvenir items on my nightstand and it was gone when i came back from my excursion. The furniture was definitely uncomfortable. This place is out of the way the place to be was downtown!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Caribbean Palm Village Resort? Share your experiences!