“horrible experience” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Noord
Leominster, Massachusetts
“horrible experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We were booked for two weeks at this hotel and were really looking forward to it after reading reviews and checking it out on the web. BUT what a horrible experience we had. First of all, the website stated all buildings have elevators and we were told they do not. It was a requirement because of knee surgery. Secondly, the website states all rooms have 2 baths - WRONG. Finally, we were moved to a 2 bath after being told they did not have any. And, last but not least, sofa beds cannot be slept on in this hotel as stated by an employee because they were not safe. The one in our room was broken! Where were we to sleep????? To top it all off, the manager tells his employees NOT to call him for any reason on the weekend!!!!!!!
Thank goodness for the excellent staff at the check in - they were extremely gracious and allowed us to use their phone to call Intervale, our exchange contact.
NEVER AGAIN and I will be sure to let everyone I know who is going to Aruba NOT to book at this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Sicamous, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

If your are looking for a nice safe quite place this is it. Mostly older people, very friendly, resort is clean and the staff are very helpful. Avoid the restaurant very overpriced. The bar you have to watch as they don't keep track of the drinks very well.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

This is a resort to go to if your expectations aren't very high. It is extremely noisy and full of kids at all hours. The pool is open late and the kids are in it until closing. Sitting out on your balcony is not a quiet, relaxing experience.
The rooms are very nice space wise but there was no water pressure every morning. I mean a trickle coming out of the faucets and our last morning simply no water coming out at all from any water source. We had to take showers in the evening; seriously people, how can you rent out a facility with this sort of problem?
The pools seem to be cleaned every morning with a filter machine but they are never clear and you just don't feel good swimming in them.
The fitness center is adequate and I'm glad it was there. I really didn't want to run on the roads surrounding the complex.
As for the beach shuttle, if you have any aspirations of getting there quickly, take a cab. It is first come first served and you may be the second or third shuttle, and we are talking an hour or longer wait.
The restaurant is okay at best, the servers are nice if you make yourself known to them and you certainly won't get intoxicated on their beverages.
Really, overall, a disappointment.

Room Tip: The third floor rooms are a bit quieter than lower levels.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I've stayed at this resort three times since 2006. It's a great resort that is in the high rise area without high rise prices. Also, it's a smaller resort, so there aren't too many people and kids running around, so it tends to be a bit more quiet. I have also noticed consistent improvements to the grounds and I have been told starting this year in September, there will be complete renovations of the guest rooms. I look forward to seeing those changes.

Room Tip: I prefer the pool facing rooms.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Silver Spring, Maryland, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I stayed at this resort for the first time and the first few days was alright but someone waited til the next to the last day and stole my ring and souvenir out of my room. I went to management and they sort of blew me off and stated that they would look into it then when i went to check again they said that the maids did not see any ring. Now did they really think that a maid would stand up and say I did it. I had other valuables out like camera and laptop they were not disturbed but i specifically left my ring and some souvenir items on my nightstand and it was gone when i came back from my excursion. The furniture was definitely uncomfortable. This place is out of the way the place to be was downtown!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I stayed at the Caribbean Palm Village. The building/grounds looked beautiful. The outside of the property is very well maintained. They also had lots of security guards; twenty-four hours per day.
I checked in, pre-paid, and was given a bill for an additional $133. I asked why and was told there was a $10 per day tax plus $60 for government taxes.
Then I went to my room where the door was open and other people's things were in it. The maid came in and was shocked to see me, she was still cleaning and trying to pack up the things that the previous guest had left.
The room was very spacious but the bathroom had many many cracks in the shower tiles and all around the tub. I tried to used the washer and dryer on the property and was told it would cost .25c, even thought the amount on the machine said .50c. That was not the case. I had to buy a token from the front desk for $2 per use. Then the token wouldn't work. The resort had a shuttle but it only ran two round trips per day to the beach.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
North Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I have read the reviews before choosing this hotel and I can't understand the negative ones,, or wait I can. Aruba is wonderful but something to understand like many tropical islands, once you leave the resort you see the true area you are staying in. By the standards of US citizens it is teetering on 3rd world.... the whole island. Unless you own land near the Light House welcome to reality. Jamaica, Bahamas, and Turks and Caicos is like this as well, this is not Hawaii or a US territory so prepare yourself. The buildings are bright and colorful, but like the rest of the world the economy is suffering. It is however very safe, just be smart I had no problems. . But that is only if you are not well traveled and expect a Disney World atmosphere where everything is happy and jolly. That aside, if you stay here it is because you are on a budget and the only reason why this place is so cheap is because it is not right on the beach. This hotel is about 1 mile to the beach, I am young and on a budget and it was no problem to walk to the beach, didn't take long maybe 20 minutes. I am from Chicago, so I have no problem taking a city bus. The bus stop is across the street, so to go downtown will cost you 1.35 for one way and 2.70 for round trip. Much cheaper than renting a car or taking a cab. The front office staff was very helpful! I loved Jennifer, she was awesome and Farley was nice as well. They have daily activities, but I didn't really partake. The pool was nice and if you are someone that like to stay at a resort or on the grounds and have no since of adventure, I say stay at one of the resorts. That way you can be entertained without leaving.

DO
Cunukoo Bus! The dinner bus was a great deal and Farley gave us an awesome discount! (the night is hazy after 3rd bar)
Jolly Pirate - In Aruba all the competition is located right next to each other so before you book ask everyone...the prices differ depending on who you talk to.
Eagle Beach (more quiet...but you need to bring everything you need)
Palm Beach ( AMAZING! Haggle for a good price on chairs )
Wed- go to confessions Lady's night, 9-11pm free martinis and mojitos for ladies
(Drinking age is 18 so expect to party with the babies lol)
Don't s
Be stressed- things are slower on the island
Expect convenience to come cheap.
Show up to catch your Departing flight less than 3 hours ahead. Customs is rough if you are US citizen you go through it 2 times. Aruba and US. So be prepared.
Enjoy this beautiful 1 happy Island

Room Tip: I would go for the kitchen, you could cook your own food and save a bundle. Aruba is VERY expensive...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Caribbean Palm Village Resort? Share your experiences!