“Meh...” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 20 Outdoor Activities in Noord
Activities: Horseback riding
More attraction details
Owner description: Experts since 1978 in horse management, classes, competitions and tours Explore the beauty of Aruba on an adventurous Horseback riding tour!Ride Horseback through Aruba's natural wonders and enjoy breathtaking sights on your way. At Rancho Notorious , we specialize in small personalized tours with friendly, attentive, multi-lingual CERTIFIED guides with your safety and enjoyment in mind. All skill levels welcome. Explore breathtaking sights and natural wonders such as California Lighthouse, Alto Vista Chapel, scenic countryside, Malmok Beach or gallop along the northeast coast through sand dunes. We have Helmets available, English and western tack. Morning, afternoon and sunset 1,2 and 3 hour tours.Something for evryone, wether your experienced or a novice rider. Children are more than welcome. We are Fully licensed and insured.
NJ
19 attraction reviews
“Meh...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Did not enjoy my ride. The trails were horrible, the guide did not speak english, the saddles were loose, so loose that my boyfriends saddle slid to the side during the ride and he fell off, the guide did not look back. I happened to look back to find "my guy' trying to fix the saddle to get back up and on the horse. My daughters horse wanted to lay down on the way back, and they did not offer any drinks once you got to home base (as advertised). The horses did not look well kept either. Id choose the Gold Mine rather than this place. We never even got to do the beach ride by the waters edge.
I am an experienced rider. It sucked, would never go here again.

Visited May 2014

Monroe, CT
8 attraction reviews
“Repeat visitor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

This was our third visit and it has only gotten better. Took the 11 mile mountain bike excursion and had a great time. There were six of us and although parts were strenuous we all made it with no major problems. Staff is great, very friendly.

Four members of our group returned later in the week to take the quad tour and said it was so much fun. They'd told friends of ours that if they only do one thing while in Aruba they should go on that tour.

Great people, great equipment and a great value. They pick you up right in front of your hotel and return you there at the end. I highly recommend them.

Visited July 2014
Northampton, Massachusetts
“Loved it!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

This tour was fantastic. Geert, our tour guide, was fabulous and we had an awesome time. We took the ATV tour (#2 on their website) and got to see so much of the island. Such a great way to see Aruba. We are so glad we went on this tour!!! We would definitely recommend!!!

Northampton, Massachusetts
“ATV Baby Beach, unreal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I did a tandem ATV ride, the Baby Beach tour, it is a fantastic way to see the whole Island, it's a lot of surface road riding, as you start at the Ranch which is closer to the high rise area and you head all the way down to Baby Beach. All in all it was 78km of riding, we swam at baby beach, you have to go, very few ppl there, mostly locals. I don't know about you but I prefer to find out where the locals go to eat, drink, hang out, and our tour guide Geert had a lot of tips about where to go, where to eat, what to do during the week (salsa lessons on Wednesdays between the Rui and Westin). Back to the tour, I can't think of a better way to check out the Island, we went through the national park, it's a desert, and the ocean on that side of the Island is powerful and completely different from the beaches near the hotels. It's like a different world out there. Lots of Catus (Catii?) and amazing views. We went on the 3pm tour, they picked us up at the hotel, and brought us back. I recommend it, wear sunscreen, I had a bandana to cover my nose and mouth but didn't really need it on our tour.

Malvern, Pennsylvania
3 attraction reviews
“Great tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

We took a UTV tour with them and it was great. Small and personal groups. explains history of all the sites. They don't just stop at the sites and look around on your own. They actually know the history of the island. Staff is awesome. One of the best tours I've taken in Aruba, and I come every year.