“Missed Opportunities, but still good.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Spa Club Hotel

Save Saved
You added Spa Club Hotel to your Saves list
Spa Club Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   across from the Prima Oasis Hotel, Ein Bokek 86930, Israel   |
Ranked #9 of 20 hotels in Ein Bokek
San Francisco, California
“Missed Opportunities, but still good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

We are here now...spent a little time in the sea, then spa, then a GREAT dinner. Oddly, the hotel has no rooms facing the sea. We are on the end with a 3 foot window in the corner facing the water, even though we have a 15 foot wall which could have windows with views.

This area is extremely expensive...we are paying $277/night for a double room which is what they had available last minute. The room is sparse but comfy. Only two bath towels in the bathroom, no soap dish, and plastic furniture, which I realized was because of the waters. Still seems odd :)

We enjoyed the spa..quite
beautiful with the sea waters in the swimming pool.

The dinner at the hotel was going to be $30 per person which we didn't want to pay...for a buffet, so we ventured out across the street to the sea side. We found a GREAT cafe called "CafeCafe". Incredible menu and the food was the best I've had in two weeks in the Middle East. They also have a full bar if you care to indulge. The place doesn't look like much, and the service is so-so, which it seems to be in general around here, but the food is amazing.

SO, without thinking about it, we walked across the street, plopped down in a chair, then walked into the sea. Very dumb! You really need shoes unless your feet are tough. Then I decided to swim because I couldn't walk. Dumb again. I smacked my hand on a salt crystal and cut it up pretty well. I have a cold and have been blowing my nose. DO NOT TOUCH YOUR FACE with the salt water on your hands! My nose was burning, my eyes, the new cut on my hand, and also my feet.

I'm not usually a klutz...but this place needs user friendly directions rather than just being handed a very skimpy towel.

There is a hotel next door...Rimini or something that has balconies and every room has a sea view if you go out on the balcony. I don't know the pricing over there, but that is where I would look into next time.

There is a hotel called the Gardens that looks like an old hospital...really dreary. AND some people have written about the age of the guests here...guess I'd have to agree, but I'm in my 50's and felt right at home. Funny people, right out of Central Casting... "People who go to European Spas and are over 50". Lots of New York Jews ...doing their New York thing.

Overall good experience. Just a little austere in service and comforts.

And in response to noise...Walking down the hall on the way to our room, I could hear people in the rooms...including loud TV's, but we don't hear anything in our room.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

160 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2011

2 months after I had a very pleasant stay in Oasis Dead sea(see tripadvisor March 2011)
I stayed now in it's bigger brother Spa club which shares the same beautiful spa facilities,
but it's guests get there more free time and more free benefits.very good.
The room in Spa club was bigger and higher,so I had a wider and nicer panoramic view of the red sea and the red mountains around from the 6th.floor.
BUT the best thing for me was the fact that they don't let creaming and restless kids with thier narvous parents to stay in this hotel(they are sent to Oasis),
and no cellular phones or smoking in the public areas(and the spa areas).WONDERFUL.
a real relaxation.
The staff was nice and friendly as always.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
PrimaHotels, Webmaster at Spa Club Hotel, responded to this review, May 5, 2011
How wonderful that you returned to stay with us and that you took the time to write such a great review! We are glad you appreciated the relaxing atmosphere and we hope that you return to stay with us. I will forward your kind words to the staff. Hope to see you again soon!
Jerusalem, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2011

My wife and I were pleasantly surprised at the friendliness of the staff and the quality of the spa facilities. The variety of baths, steam rooms, pools, etc. was excellent and though they were crowded at times, one could always find a place to fit in. The other guests, all adult, were generally friendly and seemed happy to be there. The food(breakfast and dinner) was good and the quantities were quite sufficient without being overly wasteful. From the time we were greeted by the excellent receptionist, Nuriel, until we left, we felt taken care of. My wife had a massage which was professional and helpful. The pre-dinner free snacks of fruit and juice was a nice touch.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
PrimaHotels, Manager at Spa Club Hotel, responded to this review, April 20, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post such a pleasant review.
We take pride in the concept of our hotel and we are glad you found everything to be comfortable and to your liking.
Hopefully we will see you back with us in the Dead Sea soon. Again, thank you for posting your comments and for recommending our hotel.

Hag Samech !
Prima Hotels
Moscow, Russia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2011

After a long session in the university me and my friend decided to have a nice relaxing holiday in Israel and chose SpaClub as it was strongly recommended by everyone as a quite place where you can just relax. What is in reality? Everything was quite ok, but one thing was just terrible. Personal, who cleaned our room. Russian women, who maybe didn't understand that tablet "Shhh!" on our door meant they shouldn't speak loud. No, they didn't speak loudly, they were just shouting!Singing!And what not!I won't wonder if someday they'd dance. I'm Russian myself, but during our holiday I've learnt so many Russian bad words, about which I just didn't know! At 8 o'clock in the morning they started they discussions and finally we knew who was doing something, where when with whom and how!It was terrible. In our tour we had breakfasts included. Don't take them! There was just nothing to eat. Lunches they don't have at all. And the cost for dinner is about 120-140 shekels. There also wasn't a great variety of meal. We had so great dinners in Daniel Hotel for the same money and Daniel is really good. If I knew, I'd prefer Isrotel, Daniel or Le Meridian. Crown Plaza is also very good. The other "perfect" part of our tour was just yesterday. We arrived in Ovda(Airport) and were the first in the queue for customs. We stayed in it for 4 hours! They just ignored pairs of girls.Family couples, children, men, everybody was passing. But not pairs of girls. The time of departure was 16.30. It was already 17.00. They were chatting, laughing and didn't pay any attention. We were 7 people. Somebody said them that we'll be late for the plane. What did they answered? It was some kind of "shut up. i ask questions and you answer". Finally there was one delay on 1.10 hour and it was terrible. To sum up, if some day I decide to return, I won't fly in Ovda and won't live in SpaClub.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to post your concerns about our hotel as we are always working to make our guests' stays better.
We have forwarded your review to the relevant personnel as you concerns are very unusual.
As evidenced by many of the other guest reviews, the Spa Club hotel is known for its calm environment and relaxing atmosphere. Additionally, the food is recommended very highly and the reason that the hotel is not serving lunch is because the breakfast is served everyday till 12 in the afternoon.
We do apologize for your stay and we hope you will give us another chance in the future to show you the merits of our hotel.
Thank you again and your comments will only help us improve for future customers.

Prima Hotels
Jerusalem, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2011

Somebody planned this hotel with some great ideas in mind: exellent tea for free in lobby, relaxing athmosfere without cellular phones and kids around, nice SPA. You can see the bathrooms have been resently renovated . BUT! The rooms are small, with old furniture, no balkony, small windows. They do give you bathrobes, but demand to leave a deposit for it. Pool and Spa are common with the Oasis hotel, so there are people with kids and cellular phones and sigarettes. But unlike the visitors of Oasis, Spa Club guests have some priveleges, like enterance to the Spa facilities from 18.00 to 22.00 (except on tuesdays), and late breakfast 'till 12.00 noon. Spa is nice, but very small, hammam is great, Jakuzzi is for 8 people. Breakfast was great, best breakfast ever! But supper was not good, with no tea or coffee to drink, just water. So in general it is nice hotel, but some things need to be improved.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
PrimaHotels, Webmaster at Spa Club Hotel, responded to this review, January 23, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments after your stay with us at the Spa Club Dead Sea. We are glad that you enjoyed the concept of the hotel and the Spa amenities. We are also happy that we understand can be improved and I have forwarded your comments and concerns to the relevant personnel. We hope you will come and give us a second chance on your next trip to Israel. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back.
Mount Vernon, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2011

The location is fabulous. You do have to cross a street to get to the beach but that is not tough. The place takes itself rather too seriously. The indoor pool was so packed you had to wait in line for a standing position by the wall. We were there only one night so there was not enough time to book a spa treatment. Breakfast was fine, lots of choices. We paid premium for a triple room and were given a double with a roll-away. Staff was a mixed bag. Some were pleasant, others surly. Internet access is pricey - on top of what you are already paying seems an insult. I'd look elsewhere next time.

• Stayed January 2011
israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2010

I didn't believe they would actually not allow cellular phones! It made the atmosphere in the dining room and lobby so pleasant and relaxing. I read many reveiws before we went and was surprised for the good. The staff was very nice and helpful. The treatments in the spa were very good. The saunas and the turkish hamam were nice. The spa was a bit small so I just went to th e beach of the dead sea- very convienient. The outdoor pool was nice but cold they only heat " in January". The rooms were clean and comftorble. All in all a great very relaxing much needed vacation!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Spa Club Hotel? Share your experiences!