“Super staff!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Leonardo Club Dead Sea Hotel

You added Leonardo Club Dead Sea Hotel to your Saves list
Leonardo Club Dead Sea Hotel
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Mobile Post Dead Sea, Ein Bokek 84960, Israel   |
Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Ein Bokek
Brooklyn, NY
“Super staff!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We were at the hotel for a two day stay. The weather was cool; so we could not enjoy a dip in the Dead Sea. However, the outdoor area leading to the water's edge was beautifully arranged and pleasing to view. I lounged on a deck chair along the beach and felt the breeze while reading. The staff was unusually helpful in every way; a waitress made the effort to get me my favorite flavor yogurt even though she was clearing up and a towel clerk went down especially to get my size terry robe. The spa was excellent! The services were spectacular and the price fair. The food was plentiful; but the quality of a family hotel. I would say it is a comfortable place while having good quality touches.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a beach view.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Hebrew first
Buenos Aires, Distrito Federal, Argentina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

The Hotel is excellent and the dead sea amaizing. The quality of the food is average. Do not have high expectations in the All Inclusive system of this hotel. To get a drink is very difficult and the quality of the food is not so good.

Room Tip: Try to get a high floor room
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Israel
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

The hotels at the Dead Sea in general are among the worst in Israel. Once you accept this it will cause less disappointment. This particular hotel is the worst I've experienced at the Dead Sea. It started at reception when we were given a key for a room on the 5th floor. We took the elevator up and I used the key to open the room. Much to my surprise I faced an elderly woman in her panties and bra sitting on the edge of the bed. Had she been younger I may have spent more time discussing the matter, but since she seemed to be in a catatonic state, I hurriedly left the room. I then found the woman in the hall that handles housekeeping and most promised a quick resolution to my problem. I never saw her again. After waiting for twenty minutes I went down to the desk and they admitted that they had made a mistake. funny things happen, so I really was still in a good mood. We got to the room and noticed the porch door was open. We decided to leave it that way for a nice breeze. We went down to the pool. We wanted to relax....no way in hell was that possible. A very good singer, who have believed she was auditioning for a review in Las Vegas was so loud we couldn't enjoy ourselves. Then we went to lunch. Big mistake. We should have brought sandwiches from home. Terrible food plus the dining room was in an uproar with people pushing in line and running to grab tables. A really rough crowd. Not the hotels fault, but that seems to be the clientele they attract. Then we went to the spa for the thermal pool. Again people screaming and the lifeguard, I really felt sorry for him, having to threaten people to get them to behave in civil manner. Again, rough crowd.
Then we had dinner, which once again was horrible. We went to our room for the night and realized why the porch door was open, you couldn't close it. I had to rig up some hangers to try and keep it closed during the night when it got chilly. Other issues with room were: the night light over my head collapsed when I moved it to the side; the carpet had been sliced with a knife, it seems that something had been moved but no cosmetic surgery was done; the hot and water faucet in the sink was reversed so you burnt your hand before you realized this. I'm sure the manger of the hotel will say, "why didn't you call down?" This is really not acceptable, because firstly, I didn't want a handyman fixing carpentry and plumbing issues at 10 o'clock in the evening, and secondly, a good manager should know what kind of room is being offered to guests.
When we woke up the next day and turned to my wife and smilingly said "at least they can't screw up breakfast. Wrong again! It was the worst Israeli presentation I've ever seen in Israel. I told the chef that the eggs had been floating in the f or saw long they ard turned ard and were unedible. He was quite interested, nodded, and walked away.
I saw some of the positive reviews from others. They are either "ringers" or have never been to a hotel before.
Would I ever go again? Silly question.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Haifa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We went there for a family vacation, and it was a good 3 days vacation for a family.
the hotel have a wonderful private beach, you don't see it in all the dead sea hotels!
we enjoyed it a lot, and also the dead sea mud event.
The pool is wonderful, clean and big.
the children have lots of "children food" which makes you relaxed.
Hamburgers, hot dogs, ice cream, pop-ice etc.. (all days long).
BUT :
We have 3 children so we need two rooms which were in the OLD wing.
The rooms need an urgent renovation.
The furniture's in the room and pool are very old, and have broken elements.
ALL the pool surrounding area is very crowded, dirty and not safe ( lots of broken sidewalk bricks).
you have LOTS of food, 4 meals a day and "extras" but the food is not from the best products, it is boring, repeat itself and most of it not tasty (at least to us).
The dining room is NOT clean, the buffet is dirty ALL the time, the tables are not been cleaned fast enough between the guests. a big disappointment.
All the children attractions such as water "PARK", trampoline etc.. did NOT work all our stay (even when we asked whats going on, and even it was a holiday with lots of children in the hotel for the weekend).
the entertainment group was below average like high school event.
even the children couldn't stay attracted to the childrwn show in the afternoon more then 15 minutes.
bottom line, it was nice vacation because we were all together outside home with different atmosphere. i would not recommend this hotel without a major change.

Room Tip: Stay only in the the new wing
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Aalborg, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

This hotel is place by the water, it has its own beach so you walk from the hotel to the water, there is a nice childrens area. The rooms are very clean and well kept, the view from the rooms are great. The staff are very friendly and helpfull, you really feel welcome to the hotel.
The food in the restaurant was great, with a good variety. We stayed here during christmas and had a gat stay, this is a place I would like to come back to.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on a top floor
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We were at the hotel for 4 days.
Very nice hotel, great pool Outside,great location right on the beach with a private larg beach.
The hotel spa is very good.
Rooms large enough And very clean.
The food is good but can be improved.
In conclusion We had a good time and If prices continue to be reasonable We will We Come again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Rishon Le Zion, HaMerkaz, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

My husband and myself just returned from a great weekend at the Leonardo Club Dead Sea - the location - one of the best !!!! unbeleivable view - one of the most beautiful places in the world-
this is a "All inclusive" hotel so you have food all day long - we usually are not happy with this (trying to diet ...) but the food was extraordinary ( I am really spoiled foodwise and usually don't like hotel food) but at this hotel the chef's are really great cookes we enjoyed every meal..
The service was also very good - at the reception upon arrival - Botania - greated us with a beautiful smile - very helpful - efficient - and quick - within a few minutes already had the key to the room. The room was on the 5th floor towards the very end - we entered a spacious room with a breathtaking view of the Dead Sea ( I wanted to take pictures but my mobile got stuck...)
This hotel usually is always full but has 2 large dinning rooms so even if full it is not crowed - too much foooooood - good service in the dinning room .
very good cleaning service of the rooms - nice spa - great pool area and the most beautiful beach area ever. I honestly advise you to try this hotel you won't be sorry just try to avoid staying there during the weekends and mostly not during the Jewish / Israeli holidays.

Room Tip: request rooms from 33 - 60 on high floors ( like 560 etc....on the 5th floor ) the hotel is 2 sets o...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Leonardo Club Dead Sea Hotel? Share your experiences!