The hotel is old and ugly on the outside but new, renovated and very nice on the inside.
We stayed at the garden room which was very nice, big and clean.
The "private" pool is shared among the other 15 garden rooms and although it's very shallow, it was very nice to have almost private pool which you can go out to straight from your room at any hour.
The hotel has a very nice private beach with all the needed facilities in it to make your stay at the beach great.
The drawback which prevented me to give 5 starts:
1. Instead of one queen / king size bed they joined two single beds which is not really great for couples
2. We probably were at a busy time which had very bad influence on the dining room experience: they don't sit you when you enter, instead, you take food and then wonder around for along time until you find a place to sit. in addition, for some of the dishes you had to wait in line for over 10 minutes (mostly grill meat dishes and coffee)
3. They put a barbed wire fence at the border of the private beach which is very dangerous and ugly
4. The water pressure in the shower was great from the hand tube but very bad from the shower head
5. The price is expensive and I'm not sure it's such a great value for your money
6. The SPA treatments are way to expensive
I hope they work on the drawbacks to make it 5 stars in the future.
Overall we had a great time and I'm sure you'll have a great time as well if you get there.
- Also Known As:
- Moriah Plaza Dead Sea Hotel
- Neve Zohar Sheraton
- Sheraton Neve Zohar
- Herods Hotel Dead Sea Israel
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Herods Hotel Dead Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.