“Too chaotic” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Leonardo Privilege Hotel Dead Sea

You added Leonardo Privilege Hotel Dead Sea to your Saves list
Leonardo Privilege Hotel Dead Sea
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Neve Zohar | Mobile Post Dead Sea, Ein Bokek 86930, Israel   |
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Ein Bokek
Prague, Czech Republic
“Too chaotic”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

This place is crazy.....especially the meals. We had the all inclusive options and the dining room was insane. The staff could not keep up with the people, guests were eating directly from the buffet and if you wanted eggs cooked for breakfast expect a long line with a lot of pushing and shoving. The rooms were large and our sea view balcony was very large. There is no private beach but a shuttle is provided to the uncrowded public beach do the Dead Sea. The kids enjoyed the pool but if you are looking for a relaxing resort-this is not the place for you

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Jerusalem, Israel
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Just got back with my four daughters from a 2 night weekend in this nightmare hotel. On arrival, there was no where to park the cars and the gruff security guy figured its our problem to find a parking spot in the 40C heat. Check-in was totally disorganized. Its not just the incompetency that really aggravates you here its more like the " I don't give a [--] syndrome." that prevails in the sticky atmosphere. Our rooms were not ready so we decided to head for the dining area and lunch. However, it was evident that there had been a massive food fight in the dining area prior to our arrival because food had accumulated not just on the tables but on the floors and chairs and couches. Piles of dirty dishes lay stacked on most of the tables . A real slip sliding experience.
The management of this circus are local Israelis who look right through you when you ask them a question. Social skills are definitely not on their hotel training course. Most of the general staff are local Bedouins and Eritrean refugees who were noticeably sloppy and miserable in their work. Have no expectations to see a friendly face here. The hotel was crammed to capacity for the weekend which is fine if you are qualified to handle this numbers but here its all about taking the money. Get them in and get them out for the next batch. At the pool the lifeguard turned a blind eye to everyone smoking after all he too sits under a No Smoking sign and puffs to his hearts content. Saturday night they served all the left overs from Friday night including dried out fish that were just begging to get back in the water. My comments above are just a snippet of what we had to experience as a vacation experience in this ???.
The real privilege for me was in leaving this place. I'm just sorry I had to pay so much money for the Leonardo Privilege.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Fattal_Hotel_Chain, General Manager at Leonardo Privilege Hotel Dead Sea, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Dear Guest,
We are sorry to hear that this is the impression you got from the hotel.
Leonardo Privilege Dead Sea Hotel does its best to provide a rich and wonderful experience to our guests whether they come for leisure or business. We wish we could have provided this experience for you too.
We always strive to provide the best service we can and your comments help us improve the standards of level you may expect from us.
If you can write us to email " AlisaSad@fattal.co.il " so we can contact you personally by phone or through your private email.
Avraham Amar
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Although I loved the dead sea, the hotel was below expectations. The room was very basic and very unclean. The room itself had as much charm as a public toilet, whilst the hotel overall was chaotic and unclean. the saving grace was the food, but the untidy and dirty restaurant, mixed with incompetent staff, made the eating experience more of a chore than an enjoyment. Swimming pool sunbeds were as comfortable as riding a 3 legged donkey, and hotel entertainment..... gosh, I wish I was deaf! also, too far away from town centre (well, if you can call it that).

Room Tip: stay at the crowne plaza/radisson that is nearer to the town centre
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

The room was nice and very clean. My only complaint about the room was the shower curtain did not close properly. I know that sounds picky, but I flooded the room every time I showered.
The spa facilities were perfect. The outdoor pool was never open, which was a disappointment.
Location, location, location. A five-minute walk to the Dead Sea.
Finally, the food: the food was good and the free-flowing beer a nice touch. HOWEVER, I could never find clean plates or cups. I assume that they are washing so many dishes so quickly that they cannot keep up, but it was a disgusting process trying to find a plate or glass that was moderately clean.
Staff was friendly and helpful. Free wifi in lobby only and not very reliable.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Afula, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

The hotel was not only beautiful, but very comfortable, and luxurious.
The staff was great and the room was very big and the view was breathtaking.
I recommend everyone to upgrade the room a little bit and get much much more…
We can't wait to get back next year, see you there.

Room Tip: upgrade the room a little bit and get much much more
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

First off, unlike many of the other hotels in the dead sea that look like dirty 70's hotels from the outside, the Leonardo Privilege looks real good from the outside and in.

The spa is perhaps the best in the business when it comes to dead sea hotel spa's. They have it all from Jacuzzi's, sulfur pools, dead sea water pools, mineral baths, etc. The service in the spa was great and I especially loved the activity pool which had nice waterfalls and different powerful jets that massage different parts of your body.

The food was top of the line, I enjoyed every meal. We had great liver and stir fry for dinner and much more.

The room was nice, I had a big balcony with a great view of the dead sea, lounge chairs, and two bedrooms.

The pool is nice and we enjoyed the layout as well which provided a big pool split into leveled sections for younger kids and adults. They also had a separate kiddie pool which my babies enjoyed.

I needed some special accommodations as I was traveling with a 3 year old, 2 year old, and 8 month. Micha and Yulia the managers were a great help and provided me with excellent customer service.

I plan on going back as most dead sea hotels today are bit washed up yet the Leonardo Privilege holds up really well.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

I've been to the dead sea before but this vacation stood out! The Leonardo Prvlge is the whole package. Great rooms, friendly people and good food. My family and i really enjoyed the facilities such as the spa and indoor pool. Ill definitely come back!

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Leonardo Privilege Hotel Dead Sea? Share your experiences!