This motel is clean and adequate - nothing fancy. The staff was friendly. The deck is amazing and an increadibly relaxing place to be. My only complaint would be the lousy mattress. Despite the mattress, I would stay there again in a hearbeat.
While nothing listed below bothered me or anyone I stayed with, there are A few things to be aware of:
1) The hotel is on a CRAZY steep hill. If you're unsteady on your feet or afraid to take your vehicle up a hill, this is not the hotel for you. Side note: you don't HAVE to walk up and down the hill if you don't want to - the parking lot is at the top. There also steps to walk down part of the hill.
2) This is a Dog friendly hotel and we saw several dogs during our stay - including the Owners' dogs who occasionally roam outside or in the lobby area. Our group was a bunch of dog lovers, so we didn't mind.
3) There is a salt plant down the road from the hotel so during the week, there is a good bit of truck traffic. We didn't see any trucks Saturday or Sunday.
4) The Tiki bar across does have live music on weekends and was a bit loud on Saturday night - not enough to interfere with sleep unless you're a really light sleeper.
5) Each day they made the beds and emptied the trash. We had the same sheets and same towels for 3 nights.
Again, none of those 5 things bothered me, but I know people can be picky and you should know what you're getting into. Our rooms each had a mini-fridge, but no coffee maker. They have fresh coffee every moring in the lobby. The continental breakfast was just muffins and pastries - nothing hot.
- Also Known As:
- Anchor Inn And Marina Hotel Watkins Glen
- Anchor Hotel Watkins Glen