“Great Stay! Great Value in Watkins Glen!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Watkins Glen Villager Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Watkins Glen
Watkins Glen Villager Motel
You added Watkins Glen Villager Motel to your Saves list
106 E 4th Street, Watkins Glen, NY 14891   |
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Watkins Glen
Pittsburgh, PA
“Great Stay! Great Value in Watkins Glen!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We stayed in the hotel section with the indoor pool. We were in Watkins Glen for a family wedding. We had other family members stay at this location also. It was convenient to everything. The price was a little high but it was a great value for the area. The wedding was at the new hotel in town but we refused to pay those prices and this place was just as nice. It may not be as updated as the new hotel but the bed was comfortable, the shower was great, the staff was more than accommodating, house keeping did a nice job cleaning and the location was centrally located within walking distance of both the church and reception. The room did not smell at all as some reviews have said. We were there on a race weekend and noise was not a problem at all. I was very concerned when I read many of the reviews but it turned out that we had a great stay. The only thing that we did not like was that there is no coffee pot in the room. Coffee is offered in the office but that is not convenient if you're up and want coffee before the office opens. I don't think it's too much to ask for a coffee pot in the room. That's the reason I'm giving it 4 stars instead of 5. A coffee pot doesn't cost much and it would help make guests happy. Despite this I would recommend this location and even stay there again without hesitation.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Kokomo, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

My friends and I just returned from a 5 day stay in the "hotel" section of the Watkins Glen Villager Motel. Our room was VERYclean and nicely appointed. The owners of the motel/hotel were exceptionally kind and friendly, and they bent over backwards to help us in any way they could. I had left the lights on on my motorcycle and was unable to start it to drive to join my friends who had walked to the state park on the edge of town. The owner very kindly offered to drive me to the state park entrance so I could tour it with my friends and not miss its beauty. When she learned they had taken the shuttle to the top of the park, rather than drop me off at the lower entrance, she very kindly drove me to the top entrance. I could not thank her enough as I was able to rejoin my friends. Upon our return to the hotel, we tried to jump start the motorcycle battery, but had no luck. (Turned out it had a bad starter switch.) The owner (husband) noticed we were having problems and offered to go home and get a battery charger, and he let us put the motorcycle inside a garage to leave it charging over night. These two very generous gestures went far above and beyond what one would have expected. Over the five days we were there, we got to know them ~ they were very kind and delightful people. I would highly recommend staying at their motel/hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Buffalo NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I was not at all familiar with lodgings in Watkins Glen. I choose this because of the reasonable price. We booked the Glen Manor,which is a Bed & breakfast on the property separate from the motel. After I booked it ,I started reading the negative reviews. I can tell you they are not true as far as the Glen Manor is concerned. First of all, I read where the staff was unfriendly. That is not true. I was checked in by the owner, and she was nothing but pleasant and friendly. I think some people are used to the sugary fake treatment you get at the chain motels. These are working class people who take pride in their properties.As far as the comments of the place not being clean, I can't comment on the motel, but the Manor was spotless.Our room and private bath was cleaned ever day. The rest of the Manor was equally clean. I would find it hard to believe they do not clean the motel rooms equally well.As far as people complaining about the "excessive rules", Watkins Glen strikes me as being somewhat of a party town, especially during race week. I have a feeling those rules were put in place to prevent the place from being trashed by drunks. So all in all, my wife and i loved the place and would come back again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Kitchener, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I was glad my husband and I had the opportunity to view the rooms first before deciding on where to stay. There are 3 distinct areas to this property. The first room we looked at was in the main building with the office and the room did smell musty as reported. Turned my stomach actually. The second building (with indoor pool) was more updated and the room would have been adequate for a short stay. The desk clerk also mentioned the Glen Manor B&B so we took a look and fell in love with the house! Huge huge master bedroom and with no other guests staying we had the run of the house. For only 25 dollars more per night, it seemed the logical choice! Management brought by enough breakfast food to feed an army and issues we had with the coffee maker were remedied quickly. Would stay again if ever down that way again. (but only in the Bed and Breakfast)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I have stayed at this place three times now just for the location and price. We enjoy going to Watkins Glen and walking around and having a few cocktails and not have to worry about driving. This place is right in town and no need to drive anywhere. In the winter months basically just a few bars and a couple of Restuarants to go to. In the Summer it is wonderful on the lake. There is a Marina right next door and many happening events to see/do. The motel/hotel is nothing fancy by any means but clean. We stay there just to sleep and thats it. One thing to mention is that if you get a room make sure you ask for the one on the backside of the hotel since there is major traffic on the front side. VERY loud with vehicles all night.

Room Tip: Ask for backside rooms not on main drag.
Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Please see this place before you book! It has a musty smell, it has been very poorly renovated toilets rock on the floor. Parking is poor as a tractor trailer block the entrance to the last 3 parking spots. Out of the 30+ years of traveling this has been the worst experience of my life. This same opinion can be shared with 4 other couples who stayed there @ the same weekend!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Canadensis, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

We just stayed at the Villager Motel and had a great experience. Fresh coffee every morning in the office..pleasant staff. Freshly painted & clean rooms, sheets, beds, bathrooms. Location was fantastic, within walking distance to a great Italian restaurant with great food, breakfast, quaint local shops, bakery, etc. Like they say location location so to those who complain about the price...??? Would definitely stay there again. Unfortunately we didnt get to use the indoor swimming pool but checked it out and it was a nice indoor pool..

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Watkins Glen Villager Motel? Share your experiences!