“Clean & Friendly place to stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lakeside Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Watkins Glen
Lakeside Resort
You added Lakeside Resort to your Saves list
3812 Route 14, Watkins Glen, NY 14891   |
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Watkins Glen
Pottsville, Pennsylvania
“Clean & Friendly place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

Our room was very nice and clean. Owner is friendly and helpful. If you are looking for a dog-friendly place to stay, try the Lakeside Resort. Wi-fi is available, but it doesn't reach to the cabins, so you need to use the community room. We had a pleasant and enjoyable stay!

Room Tip: Cabins at the lower end ar larger with two queen beds.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

I know bedbugs. I had an infestation in my house, and I am sympathetic to fellow infestation sufferers, even if they are running flea-bag hotels. Soon as I saw the grubby room, I should have turned and run, but it was late, and I didn't feel like tossing the mattress, so I decided to risk it and went to sleep. But the bedbugs didn't. Now I am nursing about 50 bites (they take a while to start itching on me) so I was irritated that the landlord had let this problem grow so serious without taking action. Just called the hotelier to let him know. When I told him, all I got was repeated denials... "No bedbugs here!" and he hung up the phone. Now we know why the infestation is so serious. So if the owner won't take action, I suggest you do and avoid this place like the bed bug plague.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
jeffwtobey, head of housekeeping at Lakeside Resort, responded to this review, October 3, 2011
after reserving 2 rooms for weekend stay .guest arrived for checkin , was givinkeys for 2 rooms luggage in both for 2 nights but appeard to only be sleeping and bathing in 1. never came to office with any complaints but upon returning home cancelled credit card payment to us.after long time spent over phone with credit card company for payment.we were told the customer was refusing payment because bed bugs were found in his room.we called health dept imediate inspection was performed .documentation states no violations of any kind were found at our motel . can forward copys to you Thank you Lorena @ Lake Side Resort
laurens
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

room was good, service was bad. Nobody was available in the office. Continental breakfast, but the door was locked. We had to go out and get breakfast we already paid for. Advertised a jacuzzi but there was none to be found.. Not a great experience.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

The motel and property were tidy and well maintained. A lot of recent improvements / remodeling have been done to the grounds and buildings. The room was extremely clean, pleasantly furnished, and had an amazing view. There was plenty of heat and hot water. The owner was very accomodating and helpful. The location was near enough to town to be convenient but far enough from town to be private and quiet. It wasn't a fancy, glitzy place but a very comfortable, restful family style motel. The "amenities" were minimal but I truly am only interested in cleanliness and quiet. I have no complaints and would gladly stay there again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2009

We thought the owner was very friendly. However, I wish we were told at the time of making reservations that the cabins only means of heat is a space heater. Not good in October, we froze! If your looking for a bit of romance, not happening. It was clean, but the drainage system had some issues, sink and tub. It was more like ruffing it than anything. Not worth the price they charge. location is good to everything around.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2008

My family and I needed to stay in the Watkins Glen area over Memorial day weekend on short notice and we were looking for a cabin that could accomodate 3 adults and a child. We called Lakeside after receiving a recommendation from another property that was fully booked. This is an older property that has been under new management for 4 years. We had a very nice stay and found the owner to be extremely attentive. It seems that he is agressively upgrading the property but within a budget, and with a lot of elbow grease. The rooms were clean, with new flooring, fresh paint, and comfortable mattresses. There is a view of the lake from many of the rooms, but none of the cabins. The free breakfast is basic but plentiful. The property is about 5 minutes outside of town. I recommend this property to anyone except those that desire high end facilities.

• Liked — attentiveness of the owner
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Paisley, Scotland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2006

As part of a larger trip we were spending 2 nights in Watkins Glen but had not booked in advance, when i started phoning round many places were full (it was a Weekend), so we ended up at the Lakeside resort because it was all that was available.

Described as Lakeside + a resort, well you can see the Seneca Lake, but this accommodation is a good 5 minute drive out of town along Route 14, too far to walk and no sidewalk anyway.

Initially we were going to stay 2 nights but when we realised its location we decided 1 night would be enough. described as quaint i would say old fashioned, think of Grandma's house and your close.

Complimentary breakfast was basic, toast, bagels and coffee, self service.

On the plus side, the owner was friendly, the beds were comfortable and shower was hot - fine for a night if your stuck!

• Disliked — Location - deffinately not lakeside
  • Tips/Secrets — Deffinately need a car to stay here.
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Lakeside Resort? Share your experiences!