“LOVE Mr. Chicken!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Delivery
Freeport, Illinois
“LOVE Mr. Chicken!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2010

We recently went to Watkins Glen and I would have passed over this restaurant had I not read about it on a blog in my reseach of Watkins Glen. It is one of those places that should be on Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives because it truly is one of those local places that is awesome, yet probably overlooked by people passing through. Yes, the decor is outdated, but that's a part of it's charm. The food more than makes up for it. I had their chicken, mashed potatoes, and cabbage salad (I think they called it that...shredded cabbage with an awesome dressing on it). It was to die for! Their chicken is rotisserie, and the meat falls off the bones. The sides were equally as delicious. I wish I had room for one of their desserts because those looked super yummy. I live 13 hours away from Mr. Chicken, but if I am ever anywhere in the vicinity, I will go out of my way to eat there again...and get a bucket to go!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

coopersburg pa
“Delicious Quick Chicken Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2010

Mr Chicken is on our list of places not to miss when we visit Watkins Glen. You will find a reasonably priced chicken dinner, served as quick as fast food joints, but better quality.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia, PA
“Incredible -- Almost Inedible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2009

Before buying chicken here (July 31, 2009) I would hardly have believed that a restaurant could ruin roast chicken. Well, I was wrong. My order (a bucket of 8 pieces) was so dry and overdone that I was genuinely amazed. Maybe it was fitting that the four rolls that were also provided were in a plastic bag that presumably they were purchased in; I think it was Stroehmann's. Relative to the chicken, they were the best part of the dinner. I am baffled by the favorable reviews I have read. To the extent they are accurate, then at the very least the food served here is uneven in quality -- ranging from good (if others are to be believed) to just plain awful, as I have witnessed first hand.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
New York
“great casual dining experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2009

They give you large portions for reasonable prices. The food is always perfectly prepared and prompt. The service is pretty good: there are a lot of teens who work here who tend to be a little unattentive but I have no major complaints. I feel like the atmosphere could be a little more stimulating, it's a little boring but very spacious. I dine here everytime I come to Watkins Glen because the food is great.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
newyork,newyork
“wow what a bird”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2009

i went to mr chicken in the year 1999 for the races and mr chicken was the best dining experience ever. the food was great and service was very pleasing, I had to meet one of the cooks that made my delicious hot half chicken he was a young man by the name of jake, not only was he the best looking man I have ever seen but his chicken was cooked perfectly. thank you for the great dining experience