“Delicious Breakfast Sandwiches” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 37 Restaurants in Watkins Glen
Cuisines: Sandwiches, Bakeries, Delicatessen, Vegan
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Description: We at Glen Mountain Market Bakery & Deli strive to bring our customers a special experience from the moment they walk through our door. From our hand pulled espresso shots and talented baristas to our fresh, locally-based delicatessen with our amazing staff of bakers who keep our breads and pastries baked fresh daily, we commit to all that we do! Stop in the next time you visit our little New York town that we are so proud of (Watkins Glen) for a delightful and tasty experience! Glen Mountain Market Bakery, Deli & Cafe takes special pride in the preparation of all our foods. We specialize in preservative-free breads, made to order sandwiches, fine pastries and cakes for all occasions! We incorporate many locally sourced spices, sauces, and gifts into our storefront and in the food we produce. Our cafe offers a large selection of locally roasted, fair trade, pesticide free coffees (some roasted a few short miles from our doorstep!). Join our coffee club and you could win a month of free coffees on us! With an ever-changing specialty drink list, you are sure to find the perfect caffeinated (or non!) Beverage for any mood! The bakery works night and day to keep fresh breads available for use in our deli and for sale. We also provide many of the local eateries and hotels with our breads and desserts including an assortment of old fashioned cookies, French style pastry, and chewy brownies and bars. With a variety of gluten-free and vegan sweets always available, something can be found here to suit every sweet tooth! Need a birthday or special occasion cake or other sweet treat? The bakery takes special orders with 24 hour advanced notice! We love creating custom wedding and event cakes. Check out our catering options for your next family picnic or business meeting! Our New York style delicatessen offers a large menu including breakfast and lunch deli sandwiches and wraps, hoagies, both green and chef salads, homemade soups and deli salads as well as many signature, house-made condiments! We strive to use the freshest most local ingredients by sourcing our eggs from two local farms, many cheeses from area creameries, and work hand-in-hand with Fresh Finger Lakes Farms! Any sandwich in our deli can be made gluten-free, and we have many interesting and unique options for our vegetarian and vegan friends as well! Next time you are in the area, make breakfast or lunch a special treat. Come taste the local flavors of Glen Mountain; come to Glen Mountain Market Bakery & Deli!
Richmond Hill, Canada
“Delicious Breakfast Sandwiches”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

The environment was friendly with free WiFi. The breakfast sandwiches were great and made fresh. But you had to wait for quite a while before the food was ready. Do not go if you are in a rush.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Fort Myers, FL
“Good Breakfast Stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stopped in and enjoyed a breakfast wrap and sandwich. Very good. Loved mine with their "Lava" hot sauce. Prep took forever so it was good we weren't in a hurry. Good coffee selection. Ordered a donut and macaroon to go. Both were average.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Penn Yan, New York
“Cinnamon roll was okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

I just needed a quick bite and thought the cinnamon roll looked good. It was almost stale and I had to ask them to heat it up for me and it was barely warm when they did. Maybe something else would have been better.

Visited June 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Vegetarian review”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

*This review is from a vegetarian standpoint only*

The Glen Mountain Bakery is very vegetarian friendly. It had pleasant staff, nice decor, and reasonable prices.

As far as the food, it was great. Nothing fancy, but just really good deli sandwiches (I wanted to try a pastry, but I'll get to that in a moment). They had a ton of vegetarian options (almost 10 sandwiches) most of which were vegan as well. Plus they have veggie chili. I had the Sanctuary Special (named after the nearby Farm Sanctuary) with the chili. It was actually the first time I had seitan. After a previous night of generous libations, my taste buds were probably a little out of whack, but I certainly didn't dislike it, and eagerly ate the other half of it later that afternoon (the sandwich was very large plus it came with a bowl of chili). The chili was great, though I might have asked for some hot sauce if we weren't pressed for time. Speaking of time, this brings me to my only less than positive note on this place. While the service was friendly, it was very slow. Perhaps they were short staffed, but they didn't act short staffed, just seemed to happily go along at their own slow pace. Regardless, perhaps this was a one time thing, not sure, and that is my only complaint. Everything else was stellar. Oh, and I stole the other half of my girlfriend's sandwich later. She just had a cheese sub, but it was actually delicious. I'm not sure exactly what was on it, but from their menu I would guess that it was the "hoagie sauce" and hot pepper relish that really made it stand out. Plus great bread. If I went there again I would probably order that.

Anyways, certainly recommended, but maybe just not if you're in a rush. Or perhaps just call ahead with your order, especially if you want it to go for a day trip

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
new york
“THE place for breakfast.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Very busy on a weekend morning. Breakfast wraps are made to order and were quite good and fresh. Limited seating, but tables do become available. They also sell various condiments and jars of local products. Good selection of pastries. It's a nice central meeting place to run into folks you have met at various other activities. Or, if you are trying to avoid someone, probably don't go here.....

Visited July 2013