“Filthy & Awful” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Trumansburg
“Filthy & Awful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2010

Like other reviewers have said, this COULD be a great place - but it is so poorly managed that it is horrible. It is so dirty I cannot review the food because I would never eat there again. Last time I did was 3 years ago and I was served my meal on an unwashed plate! If you think the bathrooms are filthy (and they are) the kitchen would amaze you. I don't know how the health dept. has not shut their doors. It's a shame too because I do like some of their beers (Hop Warrior is excellent). The bartenders care only about their friends, everyone else is treated like 2nd class citizens. Go over to The Marina on the lake (In the far end of the hotel parking lot). Friendly, clean and good food.

71% Recommend
mountaintop
“Great Place to eat !!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2009

Great place, reasonably priced food. I ate here twice, once in the summer and again in the fall , it has a laid back atmosphere. I enjoyed it in the summer becasue it has music , which was nice to listen to after a hike in the Glen.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Homey Bar”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2009

We ate at the Rooster on a local's recommendation. Not fancy, just a local, comfortable bar. They do have a dining room besides the bar area. For a sandwich and a beer, I would recommend it. The staff was friendly. Not fancy, but some nights you just want to relax in a homey atmosphere. We were told they have great soup, but didn't have any.

Buffalo, N.Y.
“Great food, poor service, and no beer!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2009

They only had 2 servers and one bartender for the whole place on a Saturday afternoon. The food was great, a very unique menu. We ordered a beer sampler of all there beers did not receive it by the time we finished are meals. This means I didn't even taste their beer( The point of our trip there). Our server was great she was just overwhelmed. Poor management. I emailed them 2 weeks ago and still have not gotten a reply.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bloomsburg
“Went back twice ..... enjoyed it both times”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2009

My husband and I ate lunch twice at the Rooster Fish, and we may even go back tonight. We discovered the Rooster by accident while driving North through Watkins Glen and starving. This is a micro-brew cafe with good food. Hamburgers, wraps, fantastic salads, homemade soups and some inventive pasta dishes. I think they had a few "fancier" options such as steak for dinner. I had the homemade tomato soup and the nutty tuna salad plate one day with the Nut Brown Ale ........... all FAB!! On another day I had the grilled chicken with roasted red pepper wrap and the black bean/chipolte soup. Also wonderful. Sampled two types of their brews and both quite respectable. The Rooster is right on the main drag (#14 & #414) in Watkins Glen, NY. Worth the stop!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere