“Neighborhood Brewpub with a comfortable feel” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Ohio
“Neighborhood Brewpub with a comfortable feel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

The Rooster Fish Brewing company in Watkins Glen is an unassuming bar with maybe 12 stools at the bar and a fair amount of table seating. I had a single beer (Firehouse Blond -- a blond ale) there but it was good and the people (both custoemrs and staff) were friendly. They have their own deckles that are worth collecting. Two blackboards advertise the beers and the specials. I felt like I could spend an evening for food and drinks there

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Boston
“Enjoyable food in a nice pub!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our burgers and chicken panini here. The bean salad was nice on the side for something different and tasty. I would recommend checking this out!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Beer, Burgers, etc”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Yummy burgers and beer after a day on the wine trail. Also enjoyed the sweet potato fries. Very friendly staff too!

Visited May 2013
Ithaca, New York, United States
“Mediocre at Best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

My boyfriend and I came to Watkins Glen specifically for Roosterfish beer and the restaurant affiliated with them. We both work in the restaurant industry (I am a server/bartender, he is an aspiring chef) and we've had Roosterfish brews on tap at the Ithaca restaurant where we both work. We thought it would be cool to try some more of their beers and see what the restaurant was all about. Though I liked the design of the place, the dining room was way to dark and drab. We were originally sat there but then moved to the bar where it was much brighter and more pleasant. I have no complaints about our server. She was lovely, friendly, and did everything right. But the food left much to be desired and I wasn't blown away by the beer either. We did the sampler and tried everything they had on tap. A hop-lover, I enjoyed the hop warrior and the Black IPA, while my boyfriend liked the Hefeweizen and the Scotch Ale, all of which I thought were decent stand alone beers. But everything else we tried lacked in body and flavor for me. I think that some of the beers just go better with food but aren't so great for drinking on their own unless you like really light flavors. We split the cilantro potato pancake as an appetizer, which was the one food item I thought was done well. Though the pancake did not come out hot, the sauteed vegetables on top were cooked perfectly, still a little crispy, and seasoned lightly and deliciously. The pancake was tasty, as was the cumin sour cream. But from there the food just went downhill. I ordered two apps for my meal, the cheese stuffed banana peppers and the brewhouse shrimp. Though the menu did mention that brown sugar was an ingredient in the shrimp dish, I did not expect my shrimp to be swimming in a sticky brown sugar mess, and with their SHELLS ON, at that. It took forever to eat because it's hard to peel shrimp when they're covered in a thick, sticky, brown sugar sauce, and even after all that work to eat the things, taste was just ok. This menu item sounded really good in writing, but in my opinion was poorly executed. The banana pepper dish tasted all right (I mean, they were stuffed with cheese...) but the menu promised a "crunchy topping" and described the dish as "spicy." This was not at all spicy, and the overall texture was very mushy, as if the peppers were overcooked. This ended up looking like something I could have done at home, which is often a disappointment. My boyfriend's Burger and orzo salad looked good, but he ordered the burger medium-rare and it definitely came out more like medium-well. The total cost of our meal before tip was $70, and I felt like that was way too much based on the quality of what we got. We left unsatisfied and ended up stopping at Mr. Chicken before returning to Ithaca. Because with an $8 Chicken, you know exactly what you're getting, and there isn't much room for disappointment.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Wyomissing, Pennsylvania
“Beer is Five Star, Food Three”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Their food is alright, no one was blown away by it and I was in a party of about ten who split up into smaller tables. Their beer is fantastic and their bar has pretty cool musicians. I can spend a whole lot of time at their bar if you can tear me away from the wineries!

• Visited November 2012