“Worst buffet ever!” 1 of 5 stars

(607) 535-8800
Improve this listing
Ranked #27 of 37 Restaurants in Watkins Glen
Cuisines: Chinese
Description: This is a family-owned Chinese restaurant which opened in September 2011. It features a diverse buffet as well as a hibachi grill where customers can build their own dish. The hibachi grill dish is included with the price of the buffet. Customers can also order off of the menu if they so desire. The food is fresh and delicious and the customer service is world-class!
Corning, New York
“Worst buffet ever!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

Very limited amounts of food on the buffet & forget about the hibachi part, that takes forever! Would not recommend this place at all. Go to House of Hong down the street, much better food & service.

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Fuji, Japan
“Best In Town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

If you ever heard someone saying this restraunt is bad or worst service, don't listen to that! That's all lie! They never been mean! They are very nice. If you don't believe me, just go there and try it! It's the best restraunt ever! Never go to House of Hong! They had the worst service ever!
Oreint Buffet is nice, and if you ever had a questions or something you want to tell them, they always listen to you. They smiles mostly everytime! Loves that!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Worst service ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I came here with my husband for lunch while traveling in Watkins Glen, it was a truly terrible dining experience, even by $7 buffet standards. My husband elected to go with the buffet, while ordered off the menu. While I was waiting for my meal I ate half of a spring roll off of his plate...well it was all downhill from there! The server came over and angrily informed me that since we had not both paid for the buffet that I would have to pay for the spring roll that I ate. Fine - I thought it was silly but I really didn't mind. The entire tone of the service changed after this. Not only did our server become incredibly rude, but she also loudly spoke about us to the other server, repeatedly speaking in Cantonese but saying "spring roll" in English and gesturing to the table, it was truly ridiculous, as if we had intended to steal from them! On top of all this, after eating here I got a horrible case of food poisoning. I would never recommend this place and would never go back. If you are looking for delicious Chinese food in Watkins Glen go to Hongs Palace - the food there is amazingly delicious and the service was top notch!

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Claremont, New Hampshire
“Best Chinese Buffet I've ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Even though it is small, the service was superb and the food was excellent. I'm so glad we went! The food was fresh. Even though we didn't have it, the hibachi grill looked and smelled good.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Binghamton, New York
“Chinese buffet”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I really want to like this place more. It is run by a young mother. her children are often there doing their homework and they are adorable. The food variety and quality is excellent, but the are suffering from lack of business. It is usually almost empty when we go in and so the buffet is sparsely stocked. they quickly start cooking more and putting it out, but often we are done our meal by then or you are eating piecemeal. I understand their situation, not wanting to waste food if no one is there, but..... I wish they were busier, because I really like their food, but am a little frustrated most times that I go. Maybe I'll try the take out!

Visited May 2013