“Excellent stay, we will return” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel

You added Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel to your Saves list
Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel
3.0 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   16 North Franklin Street, Watkins Glen, NY 14891   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Watkins Glen
Yardley, Pennsylvania
“Excellent stay, we will return”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We just returned from our forth trip to Harbor Hotel. Can't say enough good things. Friendly staff, very clean, Lovely big rooms with a view of the lake, Great comfy beds. We will return. Remember to bring your swim suit for the indoor pool (we forgot). Very close to the Gorge, we wake up Monday morning and run over to do our annual trip. We will return again next year when we our annual wine tasting at lake Seneca.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of lake Seneca
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Carolyn G, General Manager at Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Your fabulous rating and review is rewarding and encouraging, as we are passionate about serving our guests and earning their continued patronage.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Harbor Hotel. Don't forget your swimsuit!

Warm Regards,

ludington, michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

This is one of the nicest places I've stayed. We had a king room which was large and comfortable with a beautiful view of Seneca Lake. The shower was all tile with a glass door and was spotless. There was a small but very nice pool area. We ordered breakfast through room service and it was delicious. The staff was friendly and professional. The room was a little pricey but totally worth it. Watkins Glen State Park is less that five minutes away. Not a whole lot to do in Watkins Glen there are many parks and wineries near by.

• 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. It is extremely rewarding for our staff to receive your compliments on the friendly and professional service you received. We’re happy you enjoyed the beautiful view of Seneca Lake and comforts of your room.

Ensuring our guests enjoy everything about their experience is what we do best, and we are passionate about doing all we can to make every stay a special and unique one.

Thank you for the excellent rating! We look forward to being a part of your next visit to Watkins Glen.

Cobourg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

What a beautiful hotel! We arrived here around 6 pm and were checked in quickly. Help was offered right away to unload the vehicle and get everything to the room. My husband is in a wheelchair so this was very nice to have. As we arrived late we decided to have dinner at the hotel. It was amazing! The service was great and the food was sooooo good! The room was very spacious with the most beautiful view of the marina and Lake Seneca. Bed was very comfortable and room very clean. We heard no hallway noise at all in the room. Very quiet hotel and very quiet heating/cooling system in the room. We enjoyed the coffee every morning as we relaxed with the paper and checking emails (free WiFi) The staff was very friendly and always offering their help.
We stayed here for 5 nights. We found it very central to wineries, Corning, Ithaca and many local restaurants.
I cannot wait to return!

Room Tip: we stayed in a King Lakeview. I would recommend it. The view was beautiful to wake up to each mornin...
1 Thank honeymooninour50s
Carolyn G, General Manager at Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful review! Our staff works very hard to ensure each guest's experience is a memorable one. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed every aspect of your stay as well as our central location to the wineries.

It was a great pleasure to read how you enjoyed your dinner in the Blue Pointe Grille. I will pass along your gracious compliments to our Food &Beverage team and to our Executive Chef, Christopher Hascall..

It has been our privilege to serve you and we do look forward to welcoming you back to the Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel on your next visit.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Beautiful view from our widow, it looked out on the Marina. It had all the comforts, bed was very comfortable. You do pay the price, I would recommend an off season visit you would get a little better price. A great place to stay after your hike in Watkins Glen State Park. Great spa and hot tub.

• 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the comforts of your guest room and had the opportunity to visit Watkins Glen's beautiful state park.

Once again, thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. We look forward to serving you again when you are in the Wakins Glen area. On behalf of our team, we truly appreciate your business.

Warm Regards,

Gaffney, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for one night, Sept 18th, 2013, and loved it so much that we plan on coming back in the winter! We had a king room on the 4th floor with a fantastic view of the harbor. The ceramic and laminate flooring in our room was a welcome change of pace from the typical carpet found in most hotels. The bed was very comfortable, the bathroom spacious, and the service top notch. In fact, speaking of service, we met the Sales Manager, Christine Peacock, at The Tasting Room in Watkins Glen. When she found out I had planned this as a surprise for my wife's birthday, she comped my wife's breakfast the next morning! Our two minor quibbles (noise from adjacent rooms and a finicky water temperature controller in the shower) were far, far overshadowed by the rest of our fantastic experience. Thank you for helping me make the celebration of my wife's birthday such a success!

• 5 of 5 stars
Carolyn G, General Manager at Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel to celebrate your wife's birthday and for sharing your comments. We're thrilled to hear that our services exceeded your expectations and that you had such a wonderful experience.

I will proudly share your gracious comments with Christine. She will be happy to hear she played a part in making your stay memorable.

We look forward to welcoming you back in winter!

Waterloo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Harbor Hotel. When I checked in I was greeted by the "Welcoming committee" as the supervisor put it. The desk manager Mary and supervisor Matt checked me in and check in was friendly quick and they were light hearted but very professional. They both offered to take my bags up to my room and Matthew ended up doing it for me. They joked around with each other and myself and made me feel like they really wanted to be there and wanted me there as well. I went up to the room and was amazed at my view that was overlooking Seneca Lake. The housekeeping staff does a tremendous job here and I never had any complaints about room cleanliness or amenities in the room.We ate dinner at the Blue Point Grille and although I thought the menu was a little pricey it was well worth it over eating somewhere else in town.At dinner we came in contact with Britney our server and Fred the restaurant manager who are both excellent and kept the feeling of being welcomed at this hotel. check out was just as quick and courteous as check in and there was no issues on my bill and we will be sure to be back to vacation in Watkins Glen and stay at the Harbor Hotel. Thank you for great service, great staff and a great stay.

They told me that we were going to receive a survey in my email but I never did receive it and I wanted to share my experience with the management and other travelers to the area.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Carolyn G, General Manager at Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
We thank you so much for your excellent review! It is comments like yours that reminds us why we love what we do! It is our pleasure to provide the very best to you and I will be sure to relay your kind words to our team and most importantly, the associates you graciously acknowledged by name.

We couldn't be more delighted that you enjoyed your experience here at the Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel. Thank you and we look forward to serving you again soon!

New Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Located on Lake Seneca, this is a fairly new, very well maintained facility. Service from bell staff and reception very friendly and efficient. Room and bath were spacious, clean, well appointed. Many amentities, including bathrobes. Coffee is served in the elevator lobby on the floor in the morning. Restaurant/bar is cozy, menu is creative, food is good, a bit pricey.

Room Tip: We stayed in a lakeside king.
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us!

We're happy you enjoyed your visit and appreciate your glowing remarks regarding the friendliness of our service and cleanliness of our spacious guest rooms.

Thank you again for your time and for choosing the Harbor Hotel. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Watkins Glen
Gorgeous View Motel
#3 of 10 in Watkins Glen
4.5 of 5 stars 65 reviews
Sunset on Seneca Bed & Breakfast

Been to Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel? Share your experiences!