“Olga was Very Accomodating and the Property is Well Kept” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Admiral Peabody's Lakeside Lodging

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Watkins Glen
Admiral Peabody's Lakeside Lodging
You added Admiral Peabody's Lakeside Lodging to your Saves list
3305 Salt Point Rd., Watkins Glen, NY 14891   |
Cambridge, Canada
“Olga was Very Accomodating and the Property is Well Kept”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

We needed to change our booking at the last minute due to needing to attend the funeral of one of my husband's co-workers. Olga was very sympathetic and allowed us to cancel one of the nights of our stay with no penalty. The property itself is very nice - very well kept and lots of thoughtful touches - it is apparent that the owners take great care in maintaining their property. If we were to stay there again we would ask for one of the larger cabins - although the 10'x16' cabin we stayed in was charming and exactly as Olga described it to me when I made the booking my husband and I found that it was a bit too small for us (nothing wrong with the cabin - it is just our personal preference to have a bit more space). The location is very convenient and we loved the tranquility of the dock area – particularly sitting on the swing and looking out at Seneca Lake.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Lakewood
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

We booked reservations here a few months back. The weekend we were stay one of my cousins passed away and we had to attend the wake. My wife spoke with Olga, who told us she was going to keep our deposit if we couldn't make it. My wife and she agreed that we would move our stay and we would stay there on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. We had booked one of the small cabins, and Olga said she would upgrade us on Sunday and Monday to one of the larger cabins. She and her husband would move our luggage on Sunday and "take care of everything." When we arrived back Sunday afternoon, Olga told that she had "forgotten", someone had reservation for the cabin she was switching us to. Not only did she renege on her promise, she didn't offer a discount or any incentive to stay there. I think Olga found someone who would be staying longer than us and took the money, nevermind her principles. We found another motel with cabins and enjoyed the rest of our stay there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Not many places are truly dog "friendly" more often it is only dog "tolerant". This place is truly dog friendly. The units are nicely maintained and comfortable. The location is quiet and the view is great. We will be coming back.

Room Tip: The two units that have 2 bedrooms have the best views and very nice porches. The large one bedroo...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Oak Island, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

We traveled over 700 miles to find our "Lakeside Cottage" not a cottage and 4 flights of steps to beach, across the street to a salt factory and railroad tracks. Came baack from site seeing to find host and dog and a man in our room.....Would not recommend this to my worst enemy...Definitly not as advertised....

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for three nights this past week (end of June 2012). Two couples stayed in a two bedroom cabin. The cabin was spotless. Olga was wonderful. I called at least twice before we went to check on various things (bed sizes, d they have wifi, etc.) and she was always friendly and patient. When we were there, she stopped by each morning while we were having coffee on our deck and answered questions about the area, got us maps, gave us directions and recommended restaurants. I have never had that level of unasked for helpfulness outside of a B&B. Our deck had multiple chairs and tables. The lawn in front had a gas grill for our unit, and more chairs under a shady tree. Drinking coffee each morning while looking at the lake was great.
I do have a couple of cautions. The cabin is very small for four people to inhabit. It was fine for us, as we were seldom there and the outside space was so nice, but if you want to be inside for much of the time, you will be cramped. Also, the property is on a road that has more traffic than one would think. Lots of trucks go by. We were in the bedroom closest to the road, and slept with the window open. If you are a light sleeper, this could be a problem. I woke up the first night at 5:30 a.m. and between all the traffic and wondering why there would be so much traffic at that hour, it took awhile for
me to get back to sleep. The other nights I slept fine, however (and I'm sure the wineries we visited each afternoon had nothing to do with that!).

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Binghamton, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

cute and cozy..this lodging facility has been embedded in my mine since my husband and I visited there 5yrs ago...the room was tiny and very quaint with all the fixings--frig.tv.air.microwave.heater.bistro table.flashlight.storgage..all compacted into a cozy setting. I just mentioned to my husband today "let's take a trip to watkins glen" hopefully in July or August
a cabin will be available for us...really loved it...very inspirational for me that I decorated my own
small home into a cozy cabin funky flavor !!!!! Thanks Olga
Nora from the electric complany - remember ? :)

Room Tip: my tip would be .... "don t pass this one up"
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
west. pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

We have stayed here on our last 4 trips to wine country.(after staying at several others previously) Perfect location with lake views, a pleasant stroll to town, and a nice dock from which to swim>>CHILLY<< the lake is 600' deep. A very nice wake-up call before or after wining. Stayed in the Love Shack and Stabbin Cabin. Both are cozy small, nice decor, and very clean and decks with view.
Olga and Jeff are fantastic folks who are very attentive to your needs but give you space. Great personalities if you take the time to meet them. 2 examples. On a busy race weekend, after drawing us a map, Jeff led us and other couples on a roundabout thru the countryside so that we would miss all the traffic. It was a shortcut that Mad Max would have been proud of.
Another time, Olga and Jeff were hosting personal friends and invited us to the campfire to share stories, wine etc.
I find it hard to believe some of these reviewers' stories,based on our experiences, but everyone has different needs & expectations. (I was self employed at one time and there were occasions where I fired the client before they fired me!) I will tell you that there are always returning patrons when we've been there.
Anyway, we're scheduling a small reunion there for next summer. We think it will be the perfect place.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Admiral Peabody's Lakeside Lodging? Share your experiences!