“Love this Place.” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
new hartford, ny
“Love this Place.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2010

Love La Petite Maison! I could just go here and have the Soup and Goat Cheese Salad and of course dessert. One of my favorite places to eat.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

90% Recommend
upstate ny
“Perhaps the best meal I have ever had at a restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2009

My husband, who is a native parisian, and I dined there not too long ago. Long story short: I have been to France many times and have not eaten a better meal than at La Petite Maison. We both long to go back. Loved everything from beginning to end.
....

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boston
“Seven Months Late, but this is a 7-star dining experience...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2009

We dined at Le Petite Maison in May 2009 with our daughter, her boyfriend, and our best friends who were visiting from California. The dinner was to celebrate the daughter's graduation from nearby Hamilton College.

This dining event was among the best restaurant meals we have ever experienced. The service was correct without being stuffy and the food was beyond outstanding. The specials list probably exceeded what was on the menu. Not one item consumed by six knowledgable diners was less than spectacular.

Our wine experience was stellar. I called a week prior to inquire about corkage service (with these special friends we usually prefer to buy a white and bring a red.) While Madame said they would allow us to bring our own bottle, she encouraged us to consider otherwise, due to their selection and pricing. I'm glad I listened. The list, obviously heavy on French, but nonetheless well-rounded, was unbelievably creative and affordable. This restaurant does not over-price their wines; in fact, their rationale of pricing their wines appropriately one time seems unbeliebvably reasonable. We ended up enjoying a champagne, a white, and a red. We were told once we settled in that the dishwasher had already been put on high alert - an amusing example that this place serves serious food seriously but doesn't take itself too seriously.

We are already planning a return visit in summer 2010 (from Boston, with our same west coast friends).

New York
“Terrible attitude”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2009

My wife were frequent diners at this establishment. We both orderd the Filet mignons, both cooked medium. Mine was fine, hers only med. rare. She complained, and they took it back to cook more. When it was returned cooked properly, it tasted terrible, like they slathered it in oil so it wouldn't dry out. She had only two bites and refused it. When the bill came we were charged for both meals, and complained to the server.

The owners wif came over and said it wasn't the chefs fault, he doesn't like to cook filets to medium. We said we would not pay for my wifes. She said FINE, but this won't happen again. Well, it won't because we won't go back. She had a real attitude, that is not condusive to great customer service.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
“Fabulous! Visit if you are anywhere nearby!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2009

We were pointed here by Trip Advisor Reviews, thanks so much to those who have written previously, this place is a marvel of country French food. It is located in a converted house across from the Food King, but don't let that discourage you. The menu didn't look too promising at first but there was a long list of specials and the menu doesn't describe the fine preparation. We both had the warm mushroom salad as a starter, excellent. Mr had the filet mignon served venison style - with a terrific red wine sauce - and I had the salmon poached in red wine with a red wine sauce of mushrooms, garlic, and more. The sides were also terrific - seasonal beets, wild rice and couscous, and a potato casserole in white wine, maybe shallots... yum. When they offered seconds on the sides, we took them up on it. Despite absolutely no need for desserts, we weren't about to miss them. Mr had the tarte tatin and I dug into the creme brulee. We had a very nice bottle of wine for $38 from a list with a wide range of prices starting around $20. The appetizers were about $8.50, the entrees were $20 - $25, and the desserts were $5.50. Service was professional and prompt. I loved that I was provided with a fish knife and fork! We will return.