We stayed at the Coffee House for two nights after a relaxing beach break.
We stayed in the Cappucino suite which is lovely. Felt like a step back in time. The room is amazing, very bright and spacious with an en suite. Rooms are spotless, there's a mosquito net over the four poster wooden bed.
Coffees were excellent, as you would expect from a hotel with such a name. Beer and Wine are available at a reasonable price from the self service fridge upstairs.
The terrace restaurant where breakfast is served provides roof top views over the city.
As with all of Stone Town, the buildings are listed and it was a real treat to stay at the Coffee House.
Staff are friendly and helpful.
The location itself is very central, streets in Stone Town are like mazes, like in Venice. Can be a little daunting at first and at night. You would probably encounter this at whichever hotel you choose. Once you work out how to get around it's easy - thank God my husband has a built in satnav system, my sense of direction is terrible! Take a map of Stone Town!
This hotel is in a perfect location to explore Stone Town which has much history.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Zanzibar Coffee House Hotel offers a touch of magic and romance in an authentic Arabic house deep in the heart of Stone Town. Transformed into a stylish hotel with harmonious interiors, antiques and rich fabrics, it is one of the oldest buildings in Zanzibar constructed by the Wazir to Sultan Said Bargash in 1885. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Zanzibar Coffee House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zanzibar Coffee House Hotel Stone Town
- Zanzibar Coffee Hotel
- Hotel Zanzibar Coffee
- Zanzibar Coffee House Stone Town