We stayed only one night in this hotel and it's a true regret! Next time in Zanzibar we want to stay one week there!
Located inside the old city, be prepared to carry your luggage for 150 meters, as the cab cant drive there.
The hotel is very well integrated in a modest street, but once you enter, it's a rare find! Charming and laidback atmosphere, friendly staff, india meets Marocco meets Iran interior design... You feel being the guest of a very bohemian sultan, or Hemingway!
We had the Capuccino Suite for the night: Nice antic furniture, soft glazy and colorful concrete, little stairs to go in the bathroom, antic details all around...Really romantic! and cozy bed!
The wall are VERY thick, so no noise from the hotel, but there is a school next door, and you can forget sleeping late!
The coffee is of course close to prefection, so are the biscuits and cake.
Also,the breakfast in the roof top is magical ( and again, food and drinks are delicious).
Its also a convenient adress, as you are near good restaurants ( they don't serve diner), near the market and near the shops. Barclays bank is across the main street, 10 minutes walk.
To conclude, a perfect stay for BoBo ( bourgeois-bohemes), 30 something, thriftshop lovers.
This place has charisma!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Zanzibar Coffee House Hotel offers a touch of magic and romance in an authentic Arabic house deep in the heart of Stone Town. Transformed into a stylish hotel with harmonious interiors, antiques and rich fabrics, it is one of the oldest buildings in Zanzibar constructed by the Wazir to Sultan Said Bargash in 1885. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Zanzibar Coffee House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zanzibar Coffee House Hotel Stone Town
- Zanzibar Coffee Hotel
- Hotel Zanzibar Coffee
- Zanzibar Coffee House Stone Town