If you like the idea of staying in an old Zanzibari house at the heart of the old town - so much so that finding your way back at night requires a good memory for landmarks and a bit of help from the guys relaxing on the street corners - then this is the place for you.
The rooms are compact but comfortable, the al fresco breakfast is generous and gives you a chance to survey the rooftops of the town and as you might expect, the coffee is first class.
You could not be better located in Stone Town than here - the market and good places to eat in the evening are very close by, and it is a short stroll to the town's main attractions. Service is friendly but not over-effusive, and the accommodation is fair value without being outstanding.
My wife and teenage sons and I thoroughly enjoyed staying here, and I would happily stay here again if I am lucky enough to return to Zanzibar.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Zanzibar Coffee House Hotel offers a touch of magic and romance in an authentic Arabic house deep in the heart of Stone Town. Transformed into a stylish hotel with harmonious interiors, antiques and rich fabrics, it is one of the oldest buildings in Zanzibar constructed by the Wazir to Sultan Said Bargash in 1885. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Zanzibar Coffee House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zanzibar Coffee House Hotel Stone Town
- Zanzibar Coffee Hotel
- Hotel Zanzibar Coffee
- Zanzibar Coffee House Stone Town