We happened upon the Zanzibar Coffee House by chance, first we were avoiding people who insisted on offering a helping hand and then a down pour of rain. To our surprise, it was also a hotel. A very reasonable rate during the month of June gave us a perfect location in Stone town, connections to taxis and tour guides who also were reasonable and very knowledgeable. Our room was beautiful oasis of antiques, breakfast served in a roof top room that was also available for lounging during the day & evening--the view & the sounds of the city enveloped us during a late night picnic dinner. In the morning we could hear the prayers from the near by Mosque. This unintended stop lasted for three days and two nights. Their coffee is excellent, their homemade coffee soap has been the best soap I have every used for my face . . . friendly, clean, beautiful - I cannot say enough - a wonderful experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Zanzibar Coffee House Hotel offers a touch of magic and romance in an authentic Arabic house deep in the heart of Stone Town. Transformed into a stylish hotel with harmonious interiors, antiques and rich fabrics, it is one of the oldest buildings in Zanzibar constructed by the Wazir to Sultan Said Bargash in 1885. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, T4B and Odigeo so you can book your Zanzibar Coffee House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zanzibar Coffee House Hotel Stone Town
- Zanzibar Coffee Hotel
- Hotel Zanzibar Coffee
- Zanzibar Coffee House Stone Town