Booked online for 5 days and requested an AC room which was great for hot nights since there is not much natural airflow. Beds are very comfortable, rooms quiet (but cramped), with box nets, and the showers are great. The included breakfast is very good, there is internet access, and the staff were very friendly and helpful with options to do Stone Town tours etc. Plus the honor bar on the roof is the right price. If you want a comfortable bed, breakfast, a quick email check, and exercise getting to downtown Stone Town, this is it....the hotel is a little hard to find and is in the sketchy area of the ferry terminal/fish market, so unless you like your chances, take a legitimate taxi at night. The view from the roof is nothing special; if your looking for a lounging roof top bar with view, try elsewhere. Plus on occasion you do get a good whiff of the catch-of-the-day.
Part of the "very good" rating - we had to cut a day off our booking and leave on the evening ferry, the staff accommodated us by storing our luggage in an empty room and didn't charge for that night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Princess Salme Inn is a bed and breakfast hotel perfect for travellers looking to see Zanzibar for less. When you're out and about all day, a comfy bed and hearty breakfast are all you need! So book Princess Salme Inn, a bed and breakfast in Stone Town Zanzibar where you pay less and sleep well. Princess Salme Inn is a simple but comfortable bed and breakfast hotel in Stone Town growing incorporating its customer needs. It is in an old Arabic mansion with traditional touches. The hotel has remained one of the cleanest in the area and still maintains the lowest rates in town. Our team will assist planning and recommending tours, transfers and even safaris ... .. Our rooms are simple with the highest level of cleanness. We have variety of rooms to suite your needs and budget, and leaving you satisfied at the end. From Backpackers to Honeymooners, from cheap / budget customers to mid-range customers. The rooms are naturally decorated in Zanzibarian style with traditional Zanzibar beds. We are working hard to bridge the gap between client satisfaction and management perception of good service. Your honest reviews even if they are bad and good ones, all help us grow better. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld and HostelBookers so you can book your Princess Salme Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Princess Salme Hotel Stone Town
- Princess Salme Inn Zanzibar Island/Stone Town