I've been to Salme Inn three times during the autumn 2011 and January 2012 as I was living in Dar. Salme's rooms are small but clean. There's no AC but a fan and really good mosquito nets. The hotel itself is only a two minute walk from the ferry to Dar, five-ten minute walk from the busses leaving for the villages across Unguja, and five minute walk from the city centre.
But what really makes Salme an awesome place is the roof terrace. It's on 4th or 5th floor with a view over the sea. There are sofas and a fridge where you can buy beer and soda and just write your room number and pay when you leave the hotel. The temperature up there is nice and cool and you could easily spend some hours up there just relaxing alone or with friends. There's a computer connected to the internet up there also.
Breakfast is served up there as well. Fruits, eggs, bread, tea, coffee, all the works.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Princess Salme Inn is a bed and breakfast hotel perfect for travellers looking to see Zanzibar for less. When you're out and about all day, a comfy bed and hearty breakfast are all you need! So book Princess Salme Inn, a bed and breakfast in Stone Town Zanzibar where you pay less and sleep well. Princess Salme Inn is a simple but comfortable bed and breakfast hotel in Stone Town growing incorporating its customer needs. It is in an old Arabic mansion with traditional touches. The hotel has remained one of the cleanest in the area and still maintains the lowest rates in town. Our team will assist planning and recommending tours, transfers and even safaris ... .. Our rooms are simple with the highest level of cleanness. We have variety of rooms to suite your needs and budget, and leaving you satisfied at the end. From Backpackers to Honeymooners, from cheap / budget customers to mid-range customers. The rooms are naturally decorated in Zanzibarian style with traditional Zanzibar beds. We are working hard to bridge the gap between client satisfaction and management perception of good service. Your honest reviews even if they are bad and good ones, all help us grow better. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelBookers and HostelWorld so you can book your Princess Salme Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Princess Salme Hotel Stone Town
- Princess Salme Inn Zanzibar Island/Stone Town