We stayed 3 nights at Princess Salme Inn in a shared bathroom room and really enjoyed our time. The exterior of the building is a bit off putting and had us wondering if we'd made the right choice. However, as we entered and were greeted by the friendly staff we were right away at ease. The roof top terrace is a wonderful place to hang out, watch TV, use the internet or just watch Stone Town. The breakfasts were large and extremely tasty. We got to try some new fruits and Zanzibar specialties that we had never even heard of before.
The room itself was very simple but completely adequate and good value for the price. The whole hotel is cleaned all the time and it really shows as the washrooms are always clean and the showers with their big shower heads wonderful. The staff is very friendly and honest which is extremely important. The cleaning lady found a 10K shilling bill in our room that must have fallen out of one of our pockets and we never would have missed it. However, when she found it while cleaning, she tucked into our bed sheet and left it there for us. Now that's honesty!
We loved our stay at Princess Salme Inn and would definitely stay there again if we return to Zanzibar in the future.
- Also Known As:
- Princess Salme Hotel Stone Town
- Princess Salme Hotel
- Princess Salme Inn Zanzibar/Stone Town
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Princess Salme Inn is a bed and breakfast hotel perfect for travellers looking to see Zanzibar for less. When you're out and about all day, a comfy bed and hearty breakfast are all you need! So book Princess Salme Inn, a bed and breakfast in Stone Town Zanzibar where you pay less and sleep well. Princess Salme Inn is a simple but comfortable bed and breakfast hotel in Stone Town growing incorporating its customer needs. It is in an old Arabic mansion with traditional touches. The hotel has remained one of the cleanest in the area and still maintains the lowest rates in town. Our team will assist planning and recommending tours, transfers and even safaris ... .. Our rooms are simple with the highest level of cleanness. We have variety of rooms to suite your needs and budget, and leaving you satisfied at the end. From Backpackers to Honeymooners, from cheap / budget customers to mid-range customers. The rooms are naturally decorated in Zanzibarian style with traditional Zanzibar beds. We are working hard to bridge the gap between client satisfaction and management perception of good service. Your honest reviews even if they are bad and good ones, all help us grow better. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld and HostelBookers so you can book your Princess Salme Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.