I recently stayed at Beyt al Chai. It is a great place; I agree with the other reviewers who rave about the staff here, the rooms, the location (just a short walk from a public beach where you can do morning exercises with the fishermen, walk on the beach, ponder, etc...) However, I did learn just today that the property has been sold and that they are closing at the end of March 2013. Double check before you make a reservation.
Having said all of this, the team here was just as nice and attentive as if the hotel would live on in perpetuity. It's a pity it's not going to...at least in its current incarnation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- After the heat and dust of Stone Town, the rooms of BEYT AL SALAAM BOUTIQUE HOTEL, are a cool heaven, constructed in the traditional Swahili manner, whereby Four-Poster Beds Draped with netting dominate, offset by delicate side tables, vanity units, etc ... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Beyt al Salaam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beyt Al Chai Hotel Stone Town
- Beyt Al Salaam Zanzibar/Stone Town