We were quite impressed with the Beyt al Chai. The hotel only has 5 rooms and is a restored period building with lots of great history. The Islamic influenced architecture makes you feel like you are really some place exotic. The rooms have been lovingly renovated and are clean and functional, roomy and airy. The AC unit kept us cool at night and the step up shower had plentiful hot water. We actually had a suite, though we didn't really use the sitting room at all as it was dark and windowless. The bedroom had a number of windows that had partial sea views. The location is great, right on the western edge of Stone Town, only minutes walk from Forodhani Park and the labyrinthian streets and alleys if the historic town. The service at the hotel was excellent, we felt very welcome and the staff were always eager to please and help out. The downstairs restaurant was very good for our breakfasts and although we didn't eat our evening meals there, it is reportedly very good. There is free Wifi in the rooms but no TV. We really enjoyed our stay there and would definitely return there in the future. This hotel is recommended to all other travelers planning to stay in Stone Town. Really a nice spot!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- After the heat and dust of Stone Town, the rooms of BEYT AL SALAAM BOUTIQUE HOTEL, are a cool heaven, constructed in the traditional Swahili manner, whereby Four-Poster Beds Draped with netting dominate, offset by delicate side tables, vanity units, etc ... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, T4B, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Beyt al Salaam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beyt Al Chai Hotel Stone Town
- Beyt Al Salaam Zanzibar/Stone Town