This is a great hotel if you are after somewhere with character right in the heart of Stone Town. Our room was lovely, with lots of windows. The Serena Hotel is right in front of you so you don't get an open aspect. Room was spacious with a quirky way of locking the door (I ended up locking my husband in so he couldn't meet me as arranged which could have been difficult!). Only downside with the room is there was no shower just a bath attachment and the bathroom is part of the bedroom which might put some people off from a privacy point of view. Small friendly bar downstairs. The service was very slow when we had lunch in the restaurant and for breakfast but food was good. Upside for us was it's location, you could walk into the town and gardens at night without having to negotiate the narrow back streets that some of the other hotels were located on which meant we felt safe at all times. Well insulated we thought we'd be woken by the prayer calls all night as there is a mosque a few feet away but we managed to sleep through it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- After the heat and dust of Stone Town, the rooms of BEYT AL SALAAM BOUTIQUE HOTEL, are a cool heaven, constructed in the traditional Swahili manner, whereby Four-Poster Beds Draped with netting dominate, offset by delicate side tables, vanity units, etc ... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Venere, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Beyt al Salaam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beyt Al Chai Hotel Stone Town
- Beyt Al Salaam Zanzibar/Stone Town