We stayed one night here as we needed to be in Stone Town to catch the early morning flight (6.15) from Stone Town to Dar for the BA flight to UK.
The hotel is centrally locate but not on any of the main roads so noise is not a major problem. We had a good size room with large en-suite but I found the bed uncomfortable (I could not fits the moulds made in the mattress.
The biggest problem though was that we needed a 5.00 am start in the morning and had arranged for an early morning call and packed breakfast which is part of the service. When it came to the morning, there was no morning call (just as well I was awake), no packed breakfast for us and no-one, including the night security guard to see us off. In fact we had to unbolt the door ourselves when the taxi driver knocked on the door. Simply not good enough.
On a different note, we did use the hotel restaurant having seen some positive reviews. The food was hit and miss, one particularly nice started but others dished merely ok and not as good as food we had had elsewhere, but perhaps we had been spoiled.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- After the heat and dust of Stone Town, the rooms of BEYT AL SALAAM BOUTIQUE HOTEL, are a cool heaven, constructed in the traditional Swahili manner, whereby Four-Poster Beds Draped with netting dominate, offset by delicate side tables, vanity units, etc ... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, Hotel.de, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Beyt al Salaam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beyt Al Chai Hotel Stone Town
- Beyt Al Salaam Zanzibar/Stone Town