Loved the Zanibar Palace Hotel. The hotel had typical Zanzibar decor. It is located minutes from the port and easy walking distance to the markets-in fact there were stores just around the corner for last minute purchases. Pictures and descriptions on their site are accurate. We were in the Sherali suite. Very large room even with a second bed in the room to make it a triple. Huge windows along two sides of the room. Very large bath area. It seemed much care was given to the decor of the hotel. We were a group of 10 occupying 4 rooms. Service was stellar. The hotel was very clean. Wholesome fresh food and juices. Had dinner there one night and it was fabulous. My son and I shared a lobster dinner and it was out of this world good. Almost more than we could eat. That says a lot since my son is a growing 15 year old! We stayed there the last two nights of our vacation. This mean't we had a late night flight to get back to the states. The hotel graciously let us use the spa shower to freshen up before our long travels back home. This was extremely appreciated and accommodating! Two thumbs up for everyone at the Zanizibar Palace hotel. I wholeheartedly recommend staying here. Great value for the money in an upscale property in Stone Town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Zanzibar Palace Hotel is a luxurious nine room boutique hotel located right in the heart of Stone Town (an Unesco World Heritage site). It is independently owned and daily under Dutch management and an ideal home to explore and experience all the beauties of this magical town and Island. Zanzibar's rich history is integrated throughout the hotel by Arabian, Indian and English designs, this in combination with all modern comfort (airco, free WiFi, flatscreen TV's, etc). Each room/suite has its own unique decor with many local originating antique pieces of furniture, magical beds, Persian rugs, colourful silks, etc. Room rates for every purse definitely makes this a place to stay. In its adjacent building there is the Palace Luxury Spa, with its contemporary look and feel with one-of-a-kind art and furniture. As you walk through the front door, you notice the soft aqua blue interior colours along with the antique furniture. You are immediately put into a state of calm and relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda and Despegar.com so you can book your Zanzibar Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zanzibar Palace Stone Town
- Hotel Zanzibar Palace
- Zanzibar Palace Hotel Stone Town