This is a very grand and impressive building set amidst a maze of streets that formed the original Stone Town, so it is an ideal base from which to explore.
A delayed flight meant that we didn't arrive until 2am and in our grumpy mood it was unnerving to meet such cheeful and friendly staff at that time in the morning.
Our room was spacious and elegantly decorated with tradional Zanzibar furniture, but there are few frills and don't expect 5-star luxury. Ours was only a short stay and maybe we had one of the smaller rooms; our en suite was adequate. The public rooms, however, are a treat and we were well looked after by both management and staff; our dinner in the hotel was fine.
Overall I'd say this is the perfect place to stay if you want a flavour of old Zanzibar; we'd certainly go bcak.
- Also Known As:
- Zanzibar Palace Stone Town
- Hotel Zanzibar Palace
- Zanzibar Palace Hotel Stone Town
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Zanzibar Palace Hotel is a luxurious nine room boutique hotel located right in the heart of Stone Town (an Unesco World Heritage site). It is independently owned and managed by a Dutch couple and an ideal home to explore and experience all the beauties of this magical town and Island. Zanzibar's rich history is integrated throughout the hotel by Arabian, Indian and English designs, this in combination with all modern comfort (airco, free WiFi, flatscreen TV's, etc). Each room/suite has its own unique decor with many local originating antique pieces of furniture, magical beds, Persian rugs, colourful silks, etc. Room rates for every purse definitely makes this a place to stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Zanzibar Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.